Golden Age Simulations Stearman Model 4

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

CT..

Not picking fault for faults sake but I'd agree it doesn't look quite as tight as it might in VC. These days, VC's can be as crisp and clear as 2D panels and the VC on that is far from.. let's say, convincing :wink: I think that's what Hinch is probably getting at :smile: Take a look at DM's One-Eleven which is many times the size, many times more compicated, many times clearer.. and free :cool:

Point is though, if you (or any other buyer) is happy with that.. then it doesn't really matter. I might turn a few folk off though :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Fair enough. That was why I asked "why?" :smile:

I'm not all that picky with VC's myself and I thought it looked decent enough for the aircraft and fit in well with the overall quality, so I wasn't really thinking of it in that light.

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

looking at it i instantly thought of stuart green's planes and even though his vc's may not be quite as clear they are still quite convincing with their photo texturing. suffice to say, i really don't like that main panel texture! it just looks like a very quick photoshop job - something i really despise! :huf:

it also reminded me of LIC's christen eagle cockpit which is quite nice with the frame in view etc, but something similarly with smooth gauges might be the yak-12 from Harrier Panels. both are photoshoppy - but have more shadow/dirt applied to make a more realistic look.

with some work on the texturing it could do a lot more (on panel as mentioned, but also the metal work is just a flat sort of green FS' light engine can't work with because it's rubbish) ;) also, are they 'smooth gauges' because they look quite clear?

yes i'm a vc flyer, and i have very high standards because i'm a miser :lol: but i just don't want any dissapointed customers when released. i know a good vc is paramount for many with this kind of aircraft.

Spad54
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Spad54 »

Here's a shot of the revised VC. Taking your observations to heart we've tweaked up the properties to add increased three dimensionality and included and historically accurate photo real crackle finish to the center panel. The gauges are recessed with reflective glass faces. The 'pit of the Stearman was alway spartan. As you can see the front passenger compartment is detailed as well. Your comments and observations are appreciated. Model release is expected to be next weekend

Image[/img]

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Welcome to the forum Spad54 and many thanks for that :wink:

Just goes to show guys that constructive comment can reap rewards if done in the right way!! :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Spad54
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Golden Age Simulations Website

Post by Spad54 »

Our website went live today. Here you may check on projects in development and download our freeware models and purchase our products We've partnered with Flight 1 and have set up a support forum there.

Our site is http://www.goldenagesimulations.com

Simforums: http://www.simforums.com

Please drop by

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Nice site

And ooh look freeware too :wink:

I really enjoyed wandering through the links

Cheers

leif

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

That plane looks very nice. If I hadn't stopped myself from buying games or addons alltogether, I'd certainly buy it.