Static aircraft in FS2004

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Static aircraft in FS2004

Post by fmansam »

OK OK im a biff....

can anyone please tell me how to put static aircratf into fs2004!

i dont want them moving, just static scenery... ie out side some has's at military bases!

i have lagos FSE which is really cool and easy to use, but there is only 1 military a/c and thats a herc!! you aint gonna get that in a HAS unless you chop it up..lol

i have loads of ai a/c on my system, buit i want static!...

do i have to use ttools... cause i have tried and im a biff!!

any ideas please!!!

neil

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Neil,

This sort of thing is outside my hands-on area but you can use ttools to setup what you might need for a static display. I seem to remember Leif setting a load of oldies up at Old Warden that WILL fly but at some ridiculous time of the night so you'd never see em moving during daylight hours. It's certainly one way out of your difficulty :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by fmansam »

thats what im after....

but i dont know how to use ttools....lol

oh well keep trying...lol

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

A couple of possibilities for this one:

Old FS5/AF99 models can be converted to API format using MDL2BGL and then compiled as part of a scenery project using SCASM (bit antiquated now)

I think you can place or convert modern MDL files into scenery using SceneGenX or convert them to XML format

"Easiest" thing is probably to either get them parked on a parking spot thats not connected to anything else (they will vapourise after 5 mins when they try to move off) and tehn use the traffic file to replace them in situ or a similar bodge using TTools and AFCAD.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm very much a bodger Neil and often wonder if the sim will explode when I've finished so I tend to use existing files and substitute aircraft.. much safer that way.

There are stacks of chaps on here who are a lot more than proficient with ttools so it's only a matter of time before you get sorted :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Traffic tools is pretty straightforward once you have an understanding of it.
As Dave says you need to program the AI to leave at some convenient point, even if its only once a week to do a closed circuit. They won't sit in the same place 24/7.

Cheers

Fraser

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

My immediate thought was the freeware program RWY12 which enables you to place objects in FS2004 - but it depends if the objects that you want are available.

I have no experience with the program - just thought I would mention it in case anyone else knows whether you can use an existing aircraft in it.

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by fmansam »

CHEERS GENTS

HAVE GOT PLANES SHOWING NOW.....

just a case of playing till i get the results....

typhoons taxiing around aviano aint right...lol

cheers