Pete Brock (racing driver) killed :(

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Robin
Trident
Trident

Pete Brock (racing driver) killed :(

Post by Robin »

Australian touring car legend, Peter Brock, was killed in a racing accident earlier today. He was competing in the Targa West Rally in a Silver Daytona Coupe.

RIP Brocky, King of the mountain.

Here is the report, taken from news.com.au

MOTOR racing champion Peter Brock has been killed in an accident in WA, motor sport officials have confirmed.

The crash occurred while Brock, 61, was taking part in the Targa West rally in Western Australia, near the small community of Gidgegannup, about 40 km east of Perth.

His car hit a tree during a special high speed section of the rally and no other vehicles were involved. TV footage shows Brock's badly damaged silver Daytona Coupe at the base of a tree beside a road in bushland, a blue tarpaulin covering the windscreen.

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) said in a statement the accident occurred at about 1.50pm (AEST).

Brock’s co-driver, believed to Mick Hone, has been taken to hospital in a stable condition.

CAMS said it will conduct a full investigation into the incident.

In the meantime, CAMS and event officials are working with the relevant civil authorities.

“On behalf of the motor sport community, CAMS offers its sincere sympathy to Peter’s family and many friends,â€

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Yet another tragic loss for Australia in such a short time.

I saw him racing the historic Holden FX that had been shipped over for the Goodwood Revival on Saturday, and for which he and his team received the Spirit of Goodwood award on Sunday evening.

The award was for the effort made by Peter and the team to get the car prepared and shipped over just in time to take part in the Revival meeting.

Alan Jones picked up the award presumably because Peter had already left for Australia.

Condolences to his family and friends at this traumatic time.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

The passing of another 'true legend', I did not get to Goodwood this year, as I would have had to travel about 1800 miles instead of the usual 3, so I missed seeing him in action :sad:
From what I know, he was a true racer and gentleman, something not seen much these days in professional motorsport.
ATB Trev