Back Active... I hope

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Back Active... I hope

Post by Chris Trott »

Well, between the newest version of the nVIDIA drivers for my 7800GT and severely throttling back the accelerations on the card for the FS2004 profile, I've got the freezing screen fixed and so now I can fly FS2004, although the performance improvement isn't as good as it should be since a lot of the tricks this card can do can't be used on FS. :sad:

Anyways, got G-APRM back to East Mids finally this past weekend, so now I can go have fun. :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I thought you'd retired!! :lol: :lol:

I'm a big fan of 'if it aint broke.. don't fix it' so have got into the habit of leaving graphics drivers alone when I find a set that I'm happy with (usually.. the originals).

Anyway.. glad you're active once more. We seem to have loads of pilots but very few (a small core) are active. Some discussion has gone on behind the scenes to try and find ways to increase our membership by explaining to people that FlyNET really isn't difficult. We hope to have something available soon :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Jon Rose
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Jon Rose »

Welcome Back...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Jon..

Ref my last post to ChrisT..
I know you've not been with us long and don't want to push you into anything. Have you requested your type ratings yet or still deciding??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Chris,

Good to see you back up and running.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Nah, I didn't retire. I hope to be around CBFS for a while more. Being that FlyNET doesn't allow me to fly for CBFS and own my own airline, I may leave after the beginning of the year to restart Green Mountain Cargo, but until then, I'm here and I'm gonna have fun! :lol:

Jon - Hop in with both feet. It seems challenging at first, but once you start, it's a lot of fun. I choose to fly on VATSIM for my flights for that added level of realism (I'm usually flying when ATC's around) but it's not required. There's a lot of fun just flying from A to B. :smile:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Welcome back Chris

I must admit, that I haven't been around lately as well :redface: , mostly because of real world matters (would you believe it :roll: )....I'm starting on a long term education as a software architect, so evenings has been quite busy lately, but I suspect giving G-ASGK a RTW tour again shortly.... :smile:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?