Leuchars Airshow (56k beware) 33 Photos

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Leuchars Airshow (56k beware) 33 Photos

Post by TSR2 »

I had the pleasure of the annual Leuchars Air show today, 2 serviceable single seat typhoons, 9 tornados, Tom's Vampire and Meteor (and Tom too! :shock: ) A magnificent display by the Reds, Brilliant performances for a Czech F16 and even better from a Polish Mig 29... But the most poignant moment for me was one very simple fly past by a Nimrod MR.2 from 120 Sqn. It really brought home the reality of the situation are men and women put themselves in daily for our country. Many thanks to all who were involved in today’s display. Unfortunately I have now noticed that there are 2 dust dots on my CCD, but I thought I would share some of the pictures with you anyway….

Least we forget

Excuse me sir... is this your aircraft... could you sign this for my son? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll let Tom explain!

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Looks like it was a great day out, Ben; ideal weather too. That formation of 9 Tornados is something new to me. :smile:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

All Tornado Sqn's were represented, I must admit that I prefer the F4 over the F3 though. They all put in a great days work. The GR4 with the smoke behind was taken when 8 Tornado's, (F3's and GR4's) did a mock airfield attack. :dance:
Last edited by TSR2 on 10 Sep 2006, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

That shot of the GR4 passing in front of the black smoke looks very dramatic. I have to agree (and amend slightly :wink: ) that the GR4 does indeed look better than the F3. It has a more purposeful, slightly more aggressive look about it.

Alex
Last edited by AlexP on 10 Sep 2006, 10:10, edited 2 times in total.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Well spotted Alex! :lol: Where did I get F4 from? :redface:

ImageImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Great shots Ben

The Nimrod shot is very poignant but at the same time the shot of the Lancaster and the Polish Mig29 head to head is also poignant when you consider how many Polish crews flew the Lancaster - as usual I'll ask that I can extract some these for my sons wall of fame :)

Leif

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

Ben, Looking at the time of your post and the photographic evidence to prove you were at an airshow all(?) day, I'd say you could probably chalk that one up to tiredness.

Leuchars seems to have benefited from a good spread of foreign types. Disappointingly, an area in which Waddington was somewhat lacking in this year :sad: . Would have loved to have seen the Hind, what nationality was it?

Alex

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

[avsim mode] Awsome shots Ben :smile: [/avsim mode]

Looks like you had a good day. Some unusual combinations too.
I saw the Nimrod flypast on the news, very moving.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Leif, If you let me know what ones you want I'll send you the full size shots via email. :wink: I love the shot of the Lancaster and the F16 too. :wink:

Alex,

The Hind was Czech, as was the F16...which is wearling a fantastic paint job. As usual, the US just fly in some heavy stuff for static, which is always a bit disapointing given the variety of types they have in opperation. You'd think they would have a flying display. :think:

There is no Leuchars airshow next year :sad: as the runway is being re surfaced, and I believe other bits of work are being completed arround the base at that time.

To be honnest we were very lucky, probably the best weather there has been in about 4 weeks. The only problem seemed to be the ever changing wind direction.

ImageImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hi Ben,

Nice pics... odd you seem to have dust spots in almost the exact same places as DB though, what camera is it?

Nice to see the MiG there. I havent ever seen that much of the larger Russian stuff at airshows down my way (then again I havent made it to any actual airshows this year :sad: ), but I have always wanted to see the Flanker for the Kulbit and Pougachev-Cobra manoeuvres :dance:

Whats the story with the Tonka F.3? Earlier this year, a well-informed birdie told me that there wouldnt be any F.3s at airshows this year cos they couldnt spare/afford them :think:

Toby