Riddle...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

That very interesting Garry. Ewyas Harold is significantly to the SW of Hereford itself (to which the Credenhill base is very close). If you zoom in on the aerial photography, there is indeed a mockup aircraft of significant size on the site (painted green). It may well be however, the T1E fuselage with fake wings, underslung engines and tail added on.

Amazing how we've managed to pull an O/T thread in the CNB forum onto classic British a/c :dunno: :lol:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

TobyV wrote:Would that be Credenhill, Peter? I thought that one was G-AVYB, but I cant be certain. I've just had a look at that base on http://local.live.com and I cant see anything resembling a fuselage obviously there, so perhaps its undercover or moved/disposed of now?
Toby, it is on their range and it is a Trident 1...When it was delivered the fusilage came first, followed by the wings...However, there was a cockup and the wings had been cut from a different Trident 1. A team of service chaps (I think from the RAF) did a marvelous cut and hack job and joined it all up perfectly. The aircraft was complete when I saw it on one of their ranges when I was doing some shooting there.

I was asked to inspect the Trident tanks to ensure there was no remaining fuel that might cause embarrassment with all the flash bangs in use while training. I dropped all the drains and verified that the tanks were dry :think: