FS9 Sound File Conumdrum

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paule
Comet
Comet

FS9 Sound File Conumdrum

Post by Paule »

Creating a jet fighter sound file came across this problem, and I can't find an obvious solution.

With the fuel switched off and the rpms at zero the aircraft is still making noises. The default B737-400 switches off properly (heavenly silence) yet the Lear 45 still thunders away after setting the throts to idle cut-off.

Have tried setting the "master_ignition_switch" in the aircraft config but this doen't seem to do anything (its not even in quite a few confics).

Help!

Paul

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Could be aircon or APU?

Paule
Comet
Comet

sound file conumdrum

Post by Paule »

After much cursing, and head scratching I can finally say I've solved the problem of my shutdown but still noisy Javelin. From now on just before I go to sleep I will say ten times; 'don't do daft things with yer Vparams!

Paul

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Bear in mind that in flight there will always be significant noise. It varies from a/c to a/c but in a real 747 for example there is very significant windnoise in the cockpit because of its not terribly aerodynamic cockpit windows

Chris