DHL...

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

RJP wrote:
petermcleland wrote:As you can see in the sequence, my 727s make the smoothest landings of any AI aircraft I have...I made this one from the Dreamfleet especially for my base and I run three of them, DHL, AA and Mexicana. I put a lot of work into making it fly correctly, especially it's use of flaps while in flight...I just wish I could make my AI "Echo" land with such perfection...I'll get there one day :smile:
Peter,

I've wondered a couple of times...... are you self-taught in the A.I. department? I am impressed with your AI, especially as I've only really had something flying (badly) from A to B. If you're not self-taught did you find a tutorial that covers stuff like formation flying?
Richard,

Yes, I'm self taught on the AI stuff but I hope from what you said that you are not thinking I was flying in formation to get those pictures :shock:

I do like to fly formation on Traffic sometimes but those shots were made the very easy way...I just set the time and date to get the DHL coming in and then go Tools > TrafficToolbox > Explorer and just go to the Explorer window and Right click on the DHL and finally choose View...I can then sit there at leisure in Spot View and pause and pan and take whatever pictures I wish.

Any Dreamfleet B727 owner with McLeland Field installed can view that whole sequence live, anytime he likes :dance: