andrew
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by andrew »

Thanks Gary! Will give it a go!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Exactly the same thing happened to me on my second 10 flight... on finals into heathrow 9L everything went quiet... even with 3% fuel in all the tanks. I was actually on MSN to John at the time, then glanced over at the and all hands to the pumps! :lol:

I always try and plan on having the 4000kgs left as reserve, ha got me out of many a sticky situation. :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

DaveB's & Ben's 4000kg figure for minimum fuel rings a bell with me too. I'm pretty sure that's in the accepted minimum on real ones.
You could fly with less, but they offered no guarantees of survival.

I now remember thinking it was fair game to start chopping the engines if you reached half the minimum. Adds a bit of fun. :lol:

The VC10 is the only one of my models that does that, which is probably why even I'd forgot about it.
In contrast, the minimum remaining fuel on a 1-11 could probably fit in the tea urn.

DM
ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I think that maybe this thread should be returned to a sticky so that everyone can look at it as it's very helpful for people who are just starting out to do good fuel planning an not run out. :smile:

http://cbfsim.org/cb-bb/viewtopic.php?t=5981

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Guys.

Andrew, I have had to delete your aol email adress from our database as it is coming up undeliverable. When you get an email adress that is working, let me know via PM and I'll add it in.

Cheers Matey. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage