BAC1-11 Manchester - Rhodes - Manchester

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

BAC1-11 Manchester - Rhodes - Manchester

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

This route has been withdrawn as the distance v. range of the 1-11 is too close for comfort.

Rgds

John

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Is that the one I just flew? LGRP
I came back to Gatwick instead. There was a slight headwind, but made it back with a more comfortable 1000kg fuel to spare.

Do we think the 1-11 model is a little greedy on fuel, or is 1670nm just too far for a guaranteed landing?

DM
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi DM,

I think it's probably stretching the aircraft. The routes have been taken and entered on face value as I can't check them all, so some duff gen given there maybe. I've just done Heathrow - Rekjavik in the Trident3 which is challenging. I took a payload of 12,200kgs and landed with 4200kgs of fuel remaining and needed ALL the rwy to stop! Take-off again with 12,200kgs payload and 12,000kgs fuel and V1/VR were at about 97% of rwy length with a slight headwind component. Booster engine running as well. I'll make a note on the flightplan so that it will show up on the briefing doc to warn pilots. I tried it with the T2 offline and without the boost engine it was using similar rwy lengths as the T3. We'll have to restrict pax loads to make more comfortable, say 11,000kgs and go from there. Perhaps you'd like to try it?

Rgds

John

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Yes, I'll see if I can fit Rekjavik in sometime.

DM
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi DM,

I've made an edit to the Flightplan to give some info for pilots. Due to the resticted amount of characters available I've used the 'Route' and the 'Remarks' boxes.

Rgds

John