Lightning F.53 - "Paris Air Show 1969"

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Lightning F.53 - "Paris Air Show 1969"

Post by JensOle »

Hi,

BAC showed of one of the soon to be delivered Kuwaiti F.53 with a full loadout of 8 MATRA rocket pods at the Paris Air Show in 1969. During the show it wore the G-AXEE /512 registration, in KAF service it was "418/L".

David Hanvey and Paul Barry very kindly made a dedicated Lightning F.53 model of the Alphasim F.6 from Lightning pack 2. I have made the G-AXEE textures.

Regards
Jens-Ole

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Great repaint and an interesting configuration... but surely there has never been a fighter less suited to the gound-attack role than the Lightning.

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Post by JensOle »

Paul K wrote:Great repaint and an interesting configuration... but surely there has never been a fighter less suited to the gound-attack role than the Lightning.
Thanks!

The Lightning was sure an unlikely strike fighter.... But many think RAF missed an opportunity for a very capable strike fighter when they did not invest in the BAC proposal for a twin seat aircraft based on the T.55.

A small update: the aircraft now has the correct Arabian numbers on the nose and tail.

A picture of the real aircraft: http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/types/uk/en ... G-AXEE.jpg

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Is this model already available in one of the Lightning packages?

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Post by JensOle »

Hi,

The ground attack loadout is not part of the current alphasim Lightning F2A/F3/F6 package 2, but since it already is made I'll try to get Phil to release it.

My F.53 textures will anyway work just fine on the F.6 model which external is almost the same (but don't have any a2g stuff).

Regards
Jens-Ole