Joint force Harrier

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

You can donate me anything you like!

But you still wont find me charging anything for any of the website services any time soon.

On a technical note more than anything. I cant belive the server limit is about 25kb/s for you guys at UKMil! The last time I did a test download from my server it spiked at over 4mb /second, and maintained >1 mb/ second throughout the whole download

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

There are loads of different factors that can impact the download speeds, sometimes its the hardware (or virtual hardware if its a virtual server) sometimes the ISP will limit the download bandwidth, and other times, if its busy, your sharing the andwidth with everyone else. I've seen downloads of nearly 500kbps from here, but thats a rareity, normally about 100 - 200 kbps. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Jason32
Trident
Trident

Post by Jason32 »

I dont know tech stuff, i'll leave that to UKMIL lol

Im just happy with anyone who helps us have a better flightsim, easily pleased me! :smile:

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

I do admit im connected to a very fast connection just now.. usually tops out at about a 10megabit connection.

At home its about half that and I think I still get ~ 1MB/sec iirc..

I guess we're on a darn good server!

Sorry for the tech speak.. I am a Comp Sci major after all though :lol:

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

i do not have to defend my org, but i will explain the system

I have and own a Virtual server, located in the UK, where the UKMIL webiste [html pages etc] are stored. This is connected to a 100MB Pipe, and all items from there load at full speed. However, to store my entire catalogue, of over 400 downloads, woudl take forever to upload, and when,as i do, every year, move my hosting, to get the best deal, it would mean re-uploading the entire catalouge.

SO, I have my own personal server fitted to my network in my house, along with my other 6 Pc's. The only role of this server, is to store and serve the hundreds of repaints, and supply the FREE flightsim server and TS server to our members. THis is connected to the world on my 8mb ADSL line, and the upload on this line is a max of 40kbps.

It is designed this way, to cause the least amount of disruption. plus, when i upload files etc, i dont need FTP, it is a case of copying to another PC on my network, and they are ready to download. The Cost of the VPS and File server has to be covered somehow, and the carry out the many requests for PAYWARE repaints, such as the recent Justflight Mozzie, we have to purchase this aircraft in order to do it. We have also just purchased FSX as an org, so we can develop our futre aircraft, panels and gauges, along with textures.

The mods here on CBFS will agree, these sites cost, and they themselves have banners here to help cover costs.

as for some of our other comments, they are very immature, no one here disputes, you probably do textures better than me, and idont dispute that. but for the last 4 months, i have been learnnig GMAX, Panel and gauge design, along with XML, so we can offer far more than repaints

so if you want AGN to be king of repaints, go on, no one cares, we are just here to provide FS items to the FS community and the only please we get is seeing others enjoying our products. nothing else.

i think this has gone far enough, like i say we at UKMIL just want the FS community to have what they want, good aircraft, and good addons, and not wait months for them, so we produce good standard, at a fast pace. we are not perfect, nor do we claim to be, and are not in competition with anyone, or any site.

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

SO, I have my own personal server fitted to my network in my house, along with my other 6 Pc's. The only role of this server, is to store and serve the hundreds of repaints, and supply the FREE flightsim server and TS server to our members. THis is connected to the world on my 8mb ADSL line, and the upload on this line is a max of 40kbps.
All becomes clear.. ta for the explanation. :smile:

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

As a member of the 'FS community' I like to have what I want.
Therefore I have the power to make my own choices in repaints and models. My support goes to repainters like Igorsky (Andy) and others who do not constantly blow their own horn about how good they are and how much they contribute to the community. The outright arrogance of some of the painters who associate themselves with Ukmil and produce 'anime' style cartoons of aircraft, has led me to boycott all products of that organisation in favour of real people who produce repaints for the FS community and who sometimes are genuinely embarrassed by the gratitude they get.

To be honest I could'nt give a rats arse if you had 20 computers

Regards

Sean

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

OK Guys... end of please. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

yeah it's getting close to Christmas