new guy needs help.

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Look in the stats, there are actual and estimated times for all our destinations.

Otherwise subtract the ETD from the ETA and you got the expected flight time as all times are in zulu....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

:smile: thanks gents ,thats cleared alot of things up for me .

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Karl and welcome to the VA, sorry for the late response but frequently I get behind with myself. Hope you enjoy your time with us and once you become accustomed to flying on the VA. Just a few answers to one of your questions that seem to have been ommitted.

Q.) can i use ap

A.) All real world pilots use the AP soon after take-off, and use it nearly all the way through to the landing. Gives you more time to put your feet up!! :lol:
again sorry for being a pain but im a infantry man not a ex pilot sorry..
Karl, you don't have to justify yourself or even apologise to anyone on this forum.........................apart from the moderators that is. :whistle:

Regards Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

:smile: thanks for that nigel

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

wot fuel would u buy for a 30 min flight in a dove ?

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

tried my first flight ,when i came to fuel said too mutch fuel for it ,set it to zero but still same any ideas guys,ive unlimited fuel off and allsow set fuel load in fs9 to zero still no go

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello mate..

What are you flying and how are you trying to fuel?? (Standard, Compare or the other one)..

I guess you're trying standard so give us an idea of how much you're trying to put in and we'll see if we can't sort it for you :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Bounce.. me again.

Had a look on FlyNET and see you're booked on the Dove AMYO. This currently has 59kg onboard. Looking at a similar flight done by Lee Symes (EGBB-EGNX).. he burned 38kg so...
Set yourself up at Brum then reduce the sim using the Windows Key. Open the client.. select Display booked flight to make sure it reads EGBB - EGNX in the Dove. Then select Fly Booked Flight and the fuel page will open. Make sure the radio button is sitting on 'Standard Mode' then click OK. The next fuel page will open and there will be a box at the top (defaulted to kg) so type 38 into that (delete the zero first otherwise it will try and load 380kg). When you're happy it says 38.. click Fly Flight and reopen the sim.

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

........................and make sure before you reduce the sim that you have 'pause on task switch' unchecked or the aircraft won't get refuelled.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for adding that John. This single little point will spoil the plot in one easy go :wink:

ATB

ImageImage