RAF Film

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: RAF Film

Post by Garry Russell »

I remember Reaching for the Skies....nice guitar :) .....but I don't remember that particular sequence :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Both clips are great. I love the F1 clip where the engineer is ducking when Baggers' mates come over to say hello. :)

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

There were two documentries in the late 80's, Fighter Pilot followed a group of young hopefuls from Elementry Flying Traing right through to front line. The only one who made it to fast jets went on to Bucaneers, a bomber :lol: :lol: :lol: . There was also a good series about students at the ETPS and in the late 90's a superb series about AAC trainees.

Wings was a fictional drama about the RFC in WW1 and featured Tim Woodwood as that rarest of animals an NCO pilot in the RFC. Either that or a drama about the Berlin Airlift and a guy starting his own airline :brick:
ATB Trev

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

I have recently watched the 1954 TV series 'War in the Air' (15 episodes) which covered the developmentof air power over a 20 year period and is available as a boxed dvd set.Each programme opened with a spectacular shot of Meteors taking off.I can remember watching this series when it was first broadcast.The series is of it's age ,naturally,but it is still really interesting and the picture quality,although in b&w is very good.I wonder how many folk will remember this series.ATB EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

Not an RAF film, but long, long ago, does anyone remember "High Flight" featuring Anthony Newley et al as 1950's Cranwell cadets - I seem to remember a radio controlled model acft arriving in the Commandants drawing room when definitely out of control.

I think that this was made in competition to a film about the Army called 'Soldiers of the Queen" which showed both the ceremonial side and the action side of a newly commissioned officer in a Guards infantry regiment.

The Royal Navy remained aloof from all of that but at that time, they had a continuous run of recruiting 'shorts' ostensibly advertising coffin nails called 'Senior Service.' I always enjoyed the night pickup of an SBS frogman by MTBs moving at speed which ended with the swimmer lighting up a SS ciggy.