Opened my blinds this morning fo find......

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Opened my blinds this morning fo find......

Post by Chris Trott »

You call that a twister?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_hlkVNJObDtQ/RjC ... ornado.jpg

:)

That is definitely spooky, especially in the morning, but be glad you're not in Texas or Tornado Alley. Ones like that are fairly harmless. :lol:

Erick_Cantu
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Erick_Cantu »

In classification terms, it looks more like a landspout to me.

Although it should be said that even in tornado alley, this is generally the norm. Landspouts are the most common form of 'tornadoes' and the average tornado really does fall under the 'mostly harmless' category (much like earthlings come to think of it).
Can't be arsed.

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

Chris Trott wrote:You call that a twister?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_hlkVNJObDtQ/RjC ... ornado.jpg

:)

That is definitely spooky, especially in the morning, but be glad you're not in Texas or Tornado Alley. Ones like that are fairly harmless. :lol:
LOL - If that'd been in the same place, I'd have had to think twice before getting the camera........ :o
Erick_Cantu wrote:In classification terms, it looks more like a landspout to me.

Although it should be said that even in tornado alley, this is generally the norm. Landspouts are the most common form of 'tornadoes' and the average tornado really does fall under the 'mostly harmless' category (much like earthlings come to think of it).
Yes, I had a google to see what exactly it was, came up with the same as you Eric, interesting stuff though!

Erick_Cantu
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Erick_Cantu »

From the standpoint of someone who grew up in the US midwest, that kind of weather is the norm, needless to say, being a scientifically minded person, tornadoes fascinate the hell out of me. I find it amazing that for all the things we know, we still don't completely know how they form. It should be said that the most telling part about what a tornado really amounts to is this: much like a bee's sting, a tornado is, on average, the last thing a storm produces before it dies.
Can't be arsed.