Wellington for FSX ?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Wellington for FSX ?

Post by Quixoticish »

I'm uhhming and ahhing about this one. I think I'll get it, as long as there is a paint kit to go with it so I can correct the wood effect. It isn't so noticeable on some schemes, but on others it's quite an eye-sore.

I wonder if there is an option to remove the control column as it gets in the way of instruments quite a bit.

The VC does look rather nice as well.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I'm in a similar situation. A Wellington I could go for but at £25.. it's a bit outside what I want to pay. I'm not that struck on needing a gig of space to install the darned thing either. Good case for a 'lite' version here me thinks! Agree some of those screenies look worrying. Fabric over metal shouldn't really look like that :o Darned tempting though.. especially as it's for FS9 too ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Could you paint wizards do something with it ? It looks like its worth rectifying.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Why is it so big (although this is a good anti-piracy ploy though :lol: :lol: )?

I think that although it looks nice, I would not fly it enough to warrant 25 quid though, even if it would not mean a trip to the UK too :roll:
ATB Trev

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

I must admit it is nice....but i hate squeaky clean factory fresh VC's....i would love to see "wear and tear" in there personally....anyone else agree...?

Please.....a paint kit.... :lol:

Nice though....but as Dave says....25 quid...? *sigh*.......suppose i'll get it..... :roll:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

thefrog
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by thefrog »

I have found it for £17.99 at Amazon and Play.com - release date is sometime in the first half of December.
Frog

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. getting better :) Tks for the HU ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

Mickey D
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Mickey D »

Here we go again. It seems to be the 'norm' on CBFS to pour scorn and critism on a model based only on a few screenshots. Would it not be much fairer to wait for it's release? Then, and only then, can can critism ( or praise?.............nah not here it's payware) be levelled at it. And then only by those
qualified to do so ie. purchasers or reviewers.

Oh I forgot. It comes with a little bonus scenery. But it's crap 'cos I did it and after all I was associated with AS in the past.

OK rant over. I'm back in my cage now. ;-)
Mickey D
Team SDB Scenery Bloke

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that Mickey D. I'm sure that while we're all fully functional in the 'pouring scorn' area, most of us can probably read too and are aware of the scenery that comes with it. ;-)

ImageImage

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I think you'll find that many of us "pouring scorn" will end up parting with our hard earned cash to purchase it.