Cap Badge Airline??

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Cap Badge Airline??

Post by Garry Russell »

No doubt Dave that an intensive search for this badge will turn up a good Proteus sound :)

Well......I don't see why not, I always find everything ever created except what I'm looking for :lol: :lol:

Do you think it is directly tied into the Vanguard or just amonst a drawer full of collected 'junk' ??

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

It's difficult to say mate. There's a lot of stuff lying around that 'on the surface' doesn't belong to the Vanguard at all.. an example being a Boeing 757 Ground Engineers Notes but a number of the current 'crew' worked on SevenFives with BA so who knows. A thought struck me earlier.. I wonder if it might be Hunting Air Cargo?? It seems too obvious or is this a 'wood for the trees' scenario *-) I doubt it as there's no 'Hunting' horn which would, I guess, figure in any emblem *-)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I would think the horn would be the main feature on anything Hunting *-)

I'll still keep an eye open :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I think the map in the middle is the Irish Sea with it splitting each side of the Isle of Man at the top. Loch Neagh is visible in Northern Ireland and Wales looks a bit small. But that is how I see it if that is any sort of clue :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Peter :hello:

Many thanks for that. It was easy to assume a more global representation but something closer to home is a distinct possibility. As you say, Wales looks a bit odd but it's definitely something worth pursuing ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I wonder if the badge could possibly have a nautical origin instead of an aviation one? I just love a good mystery. :)

Brian

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

When Peter suggested that it represented the Irish Sea, I have to admit that I googled for Merchant Marine cap badges :worried: But virtually all of them have an anchor or a company flag as the centrepiece. I've got a friend involved who knows about the Merchant and says it definitely isn't. But he also knows the curator of the British Airways Archive so he's going to pass the query over there to expand the investigation!

Ian :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Ian ;)

Being from a vaguely nautical background.. I'd already discounted the possibility of it being from the Merchant Marine for the same reasons but there are/were so many small companies in existence, one couldn't be 100% certain that it wasn't. Tks for passing it to the BA lot. I'm surprised our guy's didn't go there first as they're also 'in' with a few of the staff there ;)

Searching for it has already cost me money. I found a rogue Air Bridge sticker and just had to buy it :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Lancman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Lancman »

Isn't it amazing how many different things different people can see in one picture! I can see the British Isles in red, with a black Greenwich meridian running down through them and off through the coast of Spain. A lat and long grid on other ocean areas The eagle at the top looks distinctly RAF. Possibly Ferry Command? Or Air Transport Auxiliary? It'd be interesting to know the hat size.
Meddle first, understand later.

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Virgin Atlantic?

No idea why I'm saying this other than the red colouring and the fact that it seems (to me) to be the Atlantic ocean :worried:

Rgds,

Colin
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't