throttle lever anim

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Re: throttle lever anim

Post by robcarrich »

Thank you all for your input,
What I have at the moment is this...Two throttle levers set up in FSDS full forward at zero axis and set at keyframe "0" then at keyframe "50" they are set at idle (just about upright ) then at keyframe "100" they are back at the reverse thrust position , part names as I have said are lever_throttle0 and lever_throttle1 the aircraft is setup for prop reverse.
In the sim my default aircraft is the KingAir and I start with that, In my own aircraft all seems to be as it should except when I mouseover the throttle lever for engine two I get the right tooltip telling me the power setting% and so on but the lever will not move, although when the little hand makes a fist it does control the power setting, now when I mouseover throttle lever for engine one it moves as it should but takes the other lever with it although it is only controlling engine one. Does that make any sense?

Rob

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Sounds like you've got the right mouse rectangle, but the wrong animation on engine two. Not sure how FSDS handles these things though, I've done it a couple of times myself in Max!
If you haven't already I'd double check you've got the right animation tag, maybe even delete the part and start again to make sure. It might even be worth checking modeldef.xml to make sure the animation tag hasn't been altered.

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Thanks Skippy,
I have just been looking through modeldef but all seems OK, I don't think I have the wrong tag as I also have the same problem with the condition levers, I wonder if It could be the airfile or the config. I bet it's something silly!

Rob

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Rob if you are testing while flying on autopilot then both levers will move together and you can't pull back a single lever as in manual flight as I see it the fuel and prop condition levers can be moved individualy to shut down 1 engine but the throttle lever move together.
Rich

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

I'm not on auto pilot Rich, the problem is a bit deeper than that, It must be possible to move them independanly as in the KingAir but not in my case at the moment, someone will know I'm sure!

Rob

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Rob, as far as I can see there is nothing in the airfile these days regarding number or type of engine, nearly everything now is in the airfile and as far as I can see nothing there about throttles that will affect your work, the airfile is not origionaly a king air if you are using the one I did, it dates back to starting life as a replacement for Mr Ito's Gannet I did for Fs 9 with ongoing updates for FSX and was a re engined piston job with other mods.

The reverse thrust came in on the aircraft.cfg you sent me as a starter and as far as I know the Gannet did not have reverse so it can be written out even though it works.
Rich

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Hi Rich,Thanks for the input,
The reverse thrust is not the problem, it is the fact that I cannot move the visual levers independantly, It's really starting to hack me off!

Rob

FelixFFDS
Meteor
Meteor

Post by FelixFFDS »

Put-Put responded in the following thread:
http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yab ... 1260137773
Hi, Rob, FSDSv3.51 does not handle several FSX part names correctly and they must be renamed and the new names added to the modeldef.xml file. Wozza showed me how to do this about a year ago. I just used them again on my new Grumman Skyrocket so I know they work. The levers are renamed throt_l and throt_r. Make the following entries to the modeldef.xml fie. Back Up First!
XML code provided for the independently moving throttle levers.
Felix/FFDS