Heathrow 1966 Work in Progress

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tgibson
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Heathrow 1966 Work in Progress

Post by tgibson »

Thanks. We can always just substitute what we can - I don't mean for you to do a lot of work on it, unless you really want to. :)
Tom Gibson

Cal Classic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com

Wolfgang
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Wolfgang »

Hi,

good news B-)
It would be nice to see a new and much better version.

Best Regards
Wolfgang
You can't fight in here Gentlemen.
This is the War Room !

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I'm guessing some of Ian (SB951)'s "self loading freight" would have arrived by bus:

Thanks to Dave B for digging out the photos to realise (should that be virtualise?) this one!

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Cracking project Toby, I look fwd to seeing more pictures as it develops, no doubt I am in the age group who can recall visiting Heathrow in the "good old days" when no two aircraft designs looked the same!
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

That looks terrific, Toby! Any chance of making a driveable one? :lol:
One small point is that double-deckers wouldn't have been used airside. They were used between Heathrow and the London Victoria Terminal :hide:

Ian :)

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hi Ian,

Its ok, I am aware of that. Its not clear from this screenshot because I haven't done much with the central area yet but this bus is actually "outside" T3 departures. For the time being I have just deposited it somewhere in teh central area but vehicles can be easily moved, multiplied etc.

For the airside buses, there will be articulated units towed by Bedford TJ tractor vehicles.

Toby

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Ian, the airside buses (BEA, BOAC and Pan Am "flavours") will look like this one, were these still around in '72 perhaps?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megaanorak/3898011674/
(Highly appropriate photographer name :lol: )

In the meantime, heres a little BEA tug I created:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Still making slow progress with this. I now have the "Echo" pier of what was until recently Terminal 2 at a state where you can get a reasonable screenshot. Still some lamposts and gate numbers to add to this area:

ruicristina
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ruicristina »

oh my !
Looks beautiful !
Toby, the only things I have are the usual vintage Heathrow brochures, and books, and the large brochure with buildings diagrams, T2, Queens Building, and the Tower..I dont think you will need these!?

I even started a 1:200 Heathrow Tower, that I offered to a friend in Maidenhead, that is actually building a 1:200 North side diorama...
I now have to start another one for me ;)

I'd love to be able to help, texturewise, if you think so, I love painting bricks ;) on my last visit to Heathrow,we parked the car, and waled around the tower, took some pictures, and even had the chance to bring a red brick home as a souvenir ;)T2 was almost gone :(
I could email another friend doing the apron areas photorealistic, see what he may do to help in this matter...
having said this, I'd love to see this for FS9, and as I said, if any help needed, pm me and we'll see what I can do to help...

I am also trying to convince Wolfgang to upgrade Le Bourget, and if all goes as predicted, we'll have the airplane that is most suitable between these two airports, and the Silverwings service will be a reality again ;)
keep up the good work, love it, best regards,
rui

ruicristina
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ruicristina »

heres the 1:200 photoreal tower, a work in progress...;)

and heres some scanned pages from that brochure I told you about,..theres also large folded diagrams, arqhitects drawings...not sure these would help, if so, I could mail these to you...