Treescapes UK

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Treescapes UK

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I notice one of those screenies contains the needles for FSX. Anyone know where to get this?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's free from the EarthSimulations website where you'll also find Stonehenge ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The trees really look great and the poster is comparing them to the real life trees in his area.
TBH Peter.. with the rig you have, you really should try FSX again and do as many of us here do.. keep FSX for fun, VFR flights and FS9 for the rest. There's absolutely no reason to bin one in favour of the other.. keep em both and enjoy the best of both sims ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

If anyone buys this, let me know if you get it to work. So far I've spent a lot of time downloading/installing and so far, I've not got trees like shown in any of those screenies 8)
EDIT..
Couldn't see the wood for the trees 8) :wall: I now have trees and the FR's are still OK at 'Normal'. TBH.. I don't like the install routine. For one, it doesn't actually install anything (or didn't for me).. all it does is puts the files onto your system. Having presumed you've installed them and found you haven't, you'll find an .exe file in the EarthSim folder and you need to double click this. As instructed in the too large pdf file, a cmd box opens and you follow the instructions. Basically, if you're good to go, you hit any key. This is fine but at no point does the command box tell you it has finished.. all you see is copying files Vol1 part1.
You may think at this point you've now installed the files but again, you've not! 8) All the files are in the ES GenX Vol2 folder and these have to be dragged into place. I thought Marcel Khunt's Islander was bad.. this is an abomination. However, hang in there and don't doze off (I did at one point waiting for the command box to say finished which it never did) and with luck, you'll see trees :lol:
ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I haven't bought it (yet) but probably will do. 40quid does seem a bit steep for "only" trees *-)

I know ES had quite a few people with installation problems on both Alderney and IOS (myself included) although Darren at ES is very helpful, and does his best to sort out peoples problems ASAP. Unfortunatley, it looks like the Treescapes has it's issues too.

Any idea how big the download is Dave?
Dave G.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

£40??....I thought it was £14.99 + vat???......according to an earlier post *-) :dunno:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

It's 14.99 per region, divided up the same as Gen-X. If you get the 3-in-1 bundle it's 39.99
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Didn't realise that was excluding VAT :doh:

That makes it around 47 quid for the bundle :-O
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. I sent them an email after I bought GenX-4 from them saying I was shocked to find the £21 was vat exclusive. They've since put 'All prices exclusive of VAT' on the main page :) So.. the £14.99 is actually £17.61 per area unless you buy the bundle. I didn't want to risk it in case my system couldn't handle the workload 8)

EDIT..
Sri Dave.. missed your previous post. As far as I can remember, the file download is around 158mb for the southern region/Treescape 1 so they did a good job on compression as the exe file is 206mb plus a smaller exe for UK2000 users ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Wow, I was under the mistaken impression it was £14.99 for the whole of England & Wales. I certainly would have bought it, but now I know its £40+ I'm thinking twice. At that price point one might think about UTX Europe + GEX Europe (esp. if you didn't already have VFR GenX or VFR Real Scenery), for which you get the whole continent. If you include the British Airport scenery as well its all getting pretty pricy. One day Orbx will fly over to Europe and steel the market... and rightly so.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro