BAe146 / Avro RJ

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: BAe146 / Avro RJ

Post by TSR2 »

No issue activating a product on the internet for me, everything we do these days requires a net connection, from windows updates to real world weather, so I don't inderstand the problem :dunno:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

tango234
Viscount
Viscount

Post by tango234 »

Me neither :dunno:

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Having been in that position and been slated for the online protection used on Ricks Skysim Hawk, it seems a shame to me that some FS users see developers wanting to adequately protect their considerable investment as an inconvenience.

Constant illegal use of addons will force developers out of the game it's as simple as that.. Seen any new releases from Skysim lately?

dutchman2
Meteor
Meteor

Post by dutchman2 »

To clarify my point,
I have had several instances where something I have paid for is no longer usable if I want to (re)install it now. There is no place to go (can we say Phoenix!!!!). I have no issue with the developer protecting their investment, but I have issue where I pay for something and now it is useless. I am an honest sort who believes in paying for what I get and getting what I pay for (and the thief should be taken out shot - obviously I am a US resident).

To get around the internet connection required, I simply limit what I purchase. I have the Just Flight version of several PSS products and prefer to know that if and when I upgrade my system, I will be able to continue to use a legal/legitimate copy of something I paid for. If this product is available boxed, without the internet connection hassle, I will buy it. It did so for the Aeroworx Kingair and a few others.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ah, I see your point. Some folk have had similar problems with other vendors. The flight1 online system seems to be the best, but apparently they take 50% if you use their system which makes it unattractive to smaller developers.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

dutchman2 wrote:Looked good until I checked their website and looked into their 757. The product looks good but after previous bad runs with the "internet required drill" to load or reload, if this puppy requires that same load requirement as their 757 product, they just lost me for that reason. Looks like I'll stay with the HJG freeware.
Flightsim have just reviewed the Quality Wings 757 - http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/qw757.htm

"Download and installation is painless; you have to enter a serial key which is emailed." Sounds painless to me.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Well i'm dissapointed

Sent a PM to Corey on the qw forum 2 weeks ago and it was read but never got a reply :S

An answer would have been nice as i always reply no matter what the question is :thumbsup:

But it does look like a Proper 146 is on the way at last :)

Regards
Rick

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Rick Piper wrote:
But it does look like a Proper 146 is on the way at last :)
Yes, Rick - looks like it! :thumbsup:

Here are some livery screenshots...
http://forum.qwsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2831

Does anyone know if this 146 is based on the PaulHannity-project that stalled a while ago at AFG?

Cheers,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

No I think this is the chap responsible
Lars Roennig - Exterior Model Designer
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

dutchman2
Meteor
Meteor

Post by dutchman2 »

Darren;

I read the review and have e-mailed the author to ask him to clarify his statement. Far as I am concerned, its only painless if you dont require the internet connection. I have several that only require installation of the disc into the CD drive and input of the serial key which is e-mailed. I have several, SSTSIM and something or two from others (PSS/Cap-sim/FSD) that I have since chucked out, that also require an internet connection AS WELL AS a serial key which is e-mailed. I had one (an Avanti) that I dumped because my key suddenly expired - nothing about that on their site. The mess with PSS should sufice to validate my argument. At least the Ready for Pushback folks were nice enough to release their product to freeware (although there is a site still selling it - believe it or not).

Just got an answer to my e-mail to the reviewer, Internet access is REQUIRED for installation/reinstallation.