2011 Census

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DelP
The Gurus

Re: 2011 Census

Post by DelP »

I wasn't thinking of drinks Skip..... :wasntme:

Derek :lol:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Did mine online earlier today - took all of 5 minutes, 3 of which were deciding whether I should declare my religion as Jedi or Druid.......................... B)smk
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jedi.. now there's a thought :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

390,000 people in the 2001 census can't be wrong Dave.....made it the 4th largest reported religion. Sort THAT one out, HMG! :OB:
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

*-)

I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force.......
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That'll be the curry Derek :worried:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Was tempted to put down Unitology.

If you've played Dead Space or its sequel you'll know what I'm on about... :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Okay,

So the UK Government has hired 100 people to ensure that the ~62 million UK citizens completed their census forms. That's 1 employee for every 620,000 people.

Over here, our government needed nearly 600,000 people to do the same for for the ~307 million citizens in the US. That's 1 employee for every 51 people.

So, who's the wasteful gits here?

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

If you complete the form online and forget to submit, it will be collected automatically when the deadline passes - no idea when that is but if ( 8) I forget, the form will wend its way.

But where have you all been these past few weeks? The current trendy religion is "dude" not Jedi Knight.

<rant>And Tesco also want to build a supermarket here. The cr@ppy local marts (eg Sainsbury's local :wall: ) may lose out but we already go to Morrisons (round trip ~14 miles) and many others drive similar distances to Asda/Waitrose, etc so that is not business they will lose to Tesco. Unfortunately the local council (including the "green" Lib Dems) have discounted that as a reason and have found other trivia (queues at a level crossing) to block the application. The queues won't go away but maybe the "increased" problem would have been enough to get that fixed. As for the other local businesses, the multiple estate agents, chinese takeaways, chippies will probably survive. Doubtless others will quote the disadvantages but I can't see them.</rant>

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Having advised SWMBO that the hip way to complete the census is online, she has just done so and agreed it is much less hassle than commiting pen to paper. I offered myself up as being either Jedi or Dude but I fear she went for something more traditional while admitting I don't fit into any particular religious group :lol:

Good rant Ian btw :rock:

Local 'officials' leave a lot to be desired wherever you are. We recently had a chimney taken down and put back up again using the same bricks. More bricks were ordered 'just in case' but 99% of the originals were good and went back. However, someone from English Heritage has said our builders used the wrong bricks so a planning permission application has had to be resubmitted. Should someone from a position of power care to come and look, I will show them the almost full block of new (old looking) bricks. What I want to know is if the current bricks are wrong now for a Grade II listed building, why weren't they wrong before when they're the same bricks *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!