Capt Sim L-1011

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Capt Sim L-1011

Post by TSR2 »

Their 757 was a nightmare. You could just about get it to display in the VC, but move outside and it was stop frame animation. I paid full price for it too, but after getting no support, i binned it and bought the QW one which is superb. Perhaps not as detailed in the VC, but great fun.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yeah.. I remember the QW model being a suitable alternative but can't remember now if it was for FS9 *-) The CS707 ran 'ok' for me in FS9 from the 2D panel. The problem the majority of us had at the time was when scrolling through views. You couldn't zip past the VC which took a year and a half to load :-O Removing the VC from the model removed the problem. This was the same with the 757 with the added problem that a nip outside resulted in a slideshow and it wasn't viable to remove the outside model using a hex editor :lol:

What it all boils down to is what you, the end user are prepared to view as acceptable performance. ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

So, while we're on it, I have the computer as I mentioned earlier. I run Win7 on x64 and get "steady" FSX performance. It could be better but I'm ok with it at present.

What would you learned gents suggest?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

If you really want it Paul.. you'll get it anyway :lol:

If it runs as well as the 732, then all well and good but I'd be prepared. 39Euro thingies is a lot of dosh for something you may not be able to run satisfactorily but as I said earlier.. if you buy it and it doesn't run how you'd wish now.. you will at some point upgrade your rig and the TriStar won't rot away in the interim ;)

Incidentally.. don't you have the JF L1011? Maybe it's someone else *-) The JF TriStar runs like poop on my E8400 but it's at a disadvantage being on a 32-bit OS. This said.. the extra horsepower and 2 extra cores on the i5 on the Win7-64 rig certainly help it run a lot better. I think you'll get it anyway :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Hi Dave, I do have the JF 1011. It's awful for anything but playing at flying. It stutters like mad too on my apparatus :doh:

Personally, I can't see the point of modelling anything (this is payware, not freeware I'm on about) if you aren't going to do it right. Half the autopilot features don't work, yet they make the autopilot panel visually accurate.
The EPR gauges don't work properly- why then model adjustable EPR bugs?
It's £30 for crying out loud- it should be right. (I'm rather angry recently aren't I?!) :rant:

I don't understand why they don't model it right. They go to such extremes as getting the twin anti-collision lights, then miss half the bloody autopilot. :dunno:

Any hoo- I know we're all different, but when I fly properly -i.e. When I have time to plan it and fly it fully, like for the VA, I like things right. I enjoy setting the flight deck up, I like following the manual for the climb out so I can get to V2+20 at the right EPR for the prevailing temperature. Sometime I like a razz about, but I enjoy the technical side of stuff within the limits of FSX. That's why the JF just doesn't do it for me.

Paul

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Oh, I agree mate. You pay your money and you should receive the goods as described. My expectations for the JF model/panel were not high.. I just wanted a native FSX TriStar that I could poodle around in from time to time with no fortnight of groundschool before the wheels turned for the first time. AND.. it was a fiver :lol: I wouldn't have paid full retail price for it. You only pay that sort of cash for something like the CS model IMHO. I've no doubt the CS model (the panel at least) will be a lot more accurate but I'm concerned that if the JF model/panel stutters along.. I can't see the CS version running better, I really can't and I don't want you to be disappointed. You could be pleasantly surprised though. Perhaps the 757 was just a mare.. like FS2000 :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Bide my time til the £9.99 sale then!! :thumbsup:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

If it was me and I were in your situation.. that's exactly what I'd do mate. I say that but having missed the Christmas Nemeth sale by a day.. I've since bought the 1 helicopter I didn't have and wanted.. the AW109 :wall: Fear not though.. they've just released the EC130 and I WON'T be buying that until the sales start again :lol:

You never know.. I might by the 732 next time it's in a sale. Just don't let Ben know cause I'll deny it :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Anders Nielsen
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Anders Nielsen »

Hi,
Once I get the time, I will definately add this to my hangar. Among the screenshots, I really like the BA Landor paint; appears as if they got the pearl gray color right, opposed to the JF which appears more white.

I have most CS aircraft now, and despite some bugs, I really like them. Work around the various issues can be found on their forum site.
I don't quite understand complaints around perfomance with the 757. This and their 767 are amongst my favorite aircraft - I get decent performance with both, and than with an AMD 1100 cpu, 4 gb ram and a gtx 570 in W7-64.

Best regards
Anders

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

They may have patched the 757 since, but it was their attitude that stunk. I do like the 757, but ill stick with the QW one. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage