Gone Phishing (or Not Really BT)

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Gone Phishing (or Not Really BT)

Post by petermcleland »

That's a good idea DaveB...I've just installed Mailwasher on my iPad and it seems to work OK...I'l see how I get on with it :agree:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Excellent :thumbsup:

The initial trial software for the 'non-XP' version (fully functional for 30days I think) ran very well but after the trial finished and I was restricted to only one account again.. it seemed to run a lot slower. As it happens.. you can still run more than one email account on it (even though it says you can't) simply by letting it check one account then deselecting that account and putting a tick next to the other one :) Other features get cut (the viewing pane being the most obvious.. you only see the first couple of lines of the email rather than the full text) but it's still quite useable as freeware. I had the payware version when I was BT on the XP machine and it worked just fine. The annual fee isn't too bad and what this does is let you continue to use the up to date spam filters. If I remember right.. updates are free for the life of that version too (this being program updates) so your software is always running at it's best.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I'm using the iPad version of Mailwasher and it is working really well Dave...I am very pleased with it :agree: