New Year Question

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: New Year Question

Post by DaveB »

Happy new year from a wet and miserable West Midlands :hello:

The boss and I stayed at home and saw the new year in with a disappointing Robbie Williams on the box. 8)
Atb
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote:...disappointing Robbie Williams
I think that qualifies as tautology. :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes indeed!!

There was always going to be an element of risk tuning in but I guess one always hopes for more. Two years ago, Gary Barlow did the show. Not one of my faves but ok. Last year, a great performance by Bryan Adams. Need I say more :rock: Then.. Robbie Williams. He began by showing the crowd his pants while saying that the BBC had asked him not to swear (which of course, he did later) 8) I think its about time he grew up :| The boss was so impressed she went to bed after the firework display had finished :lol:

Wonder who Auntie Beeb will choose for next years show *-)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Great photos, Joe.

Thanks for sharing them,

All the Best to you and yours for 2017,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Well i was lucky as i watched the Hogmanay in Edinburgh on the tv and some great Fireworks,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

dodger wrote:Well i was lucky as i watched the Hogmanay in Edinburgh on the tv and some great Fireworks,

Roger.
Maybe I didn't do so badly with Robbie Williams after all :lol:

Stirs up B&W memories of Kenneth Mckellar and a female singer I can no longer remember the name of...

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Happy new year to all - here's hoping 17 is a considerable improvement on 16.

We ended up in Norwich last night at the Birdcage - two parents, 3 grown up children and 145 assorted others. My wife and I were the oldest there by some years! Slightly surreal night in that there was a Bingo with 3 very odd and very second hand prizes - we won the lot; my wife got the row and our youngest son got the full house. It was a fun night with a good crowd. Home now and continuing to rip all my CDs to FLAC format - about a third of the way through.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well, it finally came and guess what..................I fell asleep after a couple of drinks so the New Year started when I woke up!! :lol:

Great photographs Joe, thanks for showing.
Well i was lucky as i watched the Hogmanay in Edinburgh on the tv and some great Fireworks,
Now that is something I have thought about but never done and that is to spend the New Year or rather Hogmanay in Scotland though one 'orrible thought that goes through my mind.......Is it a tradition to eat Haggis? To be honest I have always been squeamish about some foods and the very thought of eating offal which is a part of Haggis (entrails etc.) wants to make me barf.....Heaven knows what will happen should I ever get to try it! :-O

Gawd, on second thought I think I'll stay at home!! 8)

Anyway, a very Happy New Year to you all and look forward to many interesting posts for 2017.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Hi Nigel,

As a Yorkshireman living up in Scotland I can answer the haggis question. Hogmanay is for downing as much alcohol as you can ... and then more besides! Burns Night (25th January) is when haggis is eaten. They may sound 'orrible but actually the good ones are really very nice. Yes they do contain a fair bit of offal but then think of what goes into many meat products like sausage, meat pies, pork pies etc. Better still, don't think about it!

I avoid Hogmanay - don't see the point. Humbug!! I know, that makes me a miserable old fart but WTF. Bet I get haunted by the ghost of Robbie Burns tonight.

Happy New Year to you all and much flight simming!

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Nigel,

As a Yorkshireman living up in Scotland I can answer the haggis question. Hogmanay is for downing as much alcohol as you can ... and then more besides!
Well, that settles that question Andy, if it's down as much alcohol as you can then it wouldn't cost me a great deal! :party: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.