VA Crew Room

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Leif,

I will try and answer you as best I can................

DispatchDragon wrote: As I understand from John (RAF Q) as far as airways routings go we can toss that out the window - seems tha you can fly just about anything you want and I quote VOR,GPS,Direct, whatever completes the task and
generates the most revenue for the "airline"
We all have different flying abilities and personal standards that we apply to our flying in FS9. If someone wants to fly Direct GPS, VFR or full IFR using airways and SID’s and STAR’s then the choice is theirs. We have no way of monitoring a pilots routing unless they fly on one of the virtual ATC networks. Even then, I believe pilots are given a certain amount of choice at the descretion of the controller. I am all for encouraging anyone to venture into the virtual skies whatever their ability and I do not wish to impose any restrictions as to how you get from point A to point B.

DispatchDragon wrote: - Im sorry , I have been
laboring under a total misconception , this seems to be more about generating "virtual" revenue than flying classic british aircraft in the
envoirment that they exsisted in
I have been very open about the concept behind FlyNET and most people are using modern aircraft. I thought it would be nice and rather fun to use the aircraft that we all like to fly. FlyNET are not stopping us any particular aircraft that we wish to use. At the moment when you fly by yourself in FS9 you have no considerations as to costs, load factors and how safe you operate. I think this adds another element of interest, enjoyment, thorn in the side – however people want to view it

DispatchDragon wrote: (PeteP and I discussed this a long time
ago as to wether one could reconstruct a 30 year old airways system
on MSFS) Obviously unless someone comes along and rebuilds airports (or debuilds) to the way they were 30 years ago one will have to live with exisisting airport scenery.
The environment that we have is FS9 with all the associated airfields/airports and navaids. There is an alternative ,‘Golden Wings’, but that has it’s limitations. If someone can re-create the airways system of the era that they wish to fly in there is nothing to stop them. I believe it would be possible (but a tremendous task) to build this as a ‘scenery add-on’, then apply an ‘exclude’ to the default scenery. IF we were fortunate enough to still have some of these classic aircraft still flying today, they would be using the same airways system and navaids as all the modern iron.

DispatchDragon wrote: - Returning to the concept of virtual revenue Im sure some of you may have noticed that Flynet REQUIRES a monetary
value be placed on the aircraft - as almost ALL of the types that have been
suggested are in museums or gone entirly (with the exception of the 748)
Computing the value can only be done by finding how much the original equipment cost new - and then converting from say 1969 Sterling to
2006 Sterling - I think you can all see the problems this might bring about
- to continue within the confines of Flynet would mean that you will
bankrupt the airline very quickly ,
We can apply what we feel is a realistic valuation compared to existing aircraft already in the data base. Aircraft valuations all appear to be relative. You could say that an airworthy Trident’s value is priceless. In our virtual reality we will try and slot aircraft valuations where we feel they ‘fit in’ compared to other types. If you look at the FlyNET aircraft database you can see all aircraft and the valuation that has been attached to them. I think it will be fairly simple to make an estimate of value compared to the other aircraft on the database

DispatchDragon wrote: because if the folks at Flynet have done
their homework corectly the "virtual airline" program will take into things
such as fuel cost, hull depreciation, maintenance costs, and of course customer satisfaction (meaning repeat load factors)
Yes, if you look at any pilots flight report (just click on the blue ‘info’ icons) on FlyNET you will see the revenue and costs. Fuel costs are the largest expense. Each airport in the database has a published fuel cost. Some airports are more expensive than others. Crew/catering costs are applied. Pilot salary is applied. Aircraft value ‘depreciates’ as the aircraft % decreases with flying. This figure is returned to its original value when you ‘maintain’ the aircraft. You can sell aircraft that are not required, or you can dispose of them with a nominal ‘scrap value’. Customer satisfaction is taken care of by the number of virtual passengers that are prepared to travel with you on each flight. A ‘good airline with a high reputation, skilled pilots and acceptablefares will carry more passengers. Load factors are directly a factor of ticket price x airline reputation x pilot % rating

DispatchDragon wrote: IF all these things
have been computed at real world cost of 2005/2006 then operating 35 year old equipment with highly inefficient and thirsty engines will drive
the airline into bankruptcy in next to no time.
I don’t think this will be too much of an issue. Revenue per flight with the multiplyer applied gives generous profits. As they airline grows, the multiplyer will drop but if we are still operating safely and professionally with pilots flying to a good standard we will still generate an income.

Rgds

John

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

If i join this VA thing can i fly my sectors offline ?.

Sorry but not been part of a VA for about 5 years as i'm too busy.

the modelling has taken over but basically started because we needed a prop fleet for our BEA VA :roll:

My PC is a littler unstable when flying online.

Are there any 748's left ?.

Regards
Rick :wink:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Rick FlyNET does not care whether you fly online or offline, only that you fly. :smile:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Chris Trott wrote:Rick FlyNET does not care whether you fly online or offline, only that you fly. :smile:
My understanding, you don't have to fly online, but you need to be online while flying. The FlyNet client needs the net connection to do its work.

Speaking of flying online, do we have a preferred service for when we do fly online?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Rick Piper wrote:Hi Guys

If i join this VA thing can i fly my sectors offline ?.
Hi Rick,

You don't need any multiplayer connection for this to work. You can fly with the AI np. You need an internet connection for the client prog to 'talk' to the database at FlyNET. Whilst flying the client reports to the database where you are and you will appear on a small map which will give your location. I'm not sure if the connection HAS to be maintained all the time or whether it's only necessary for the start and end of flight when the database needs updating. My gut feeling says it needs to be connected all the time but I can find out for sure if you wish.

Rgds

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

blanston12 wrote: Speaking of flying online, do we have a preferred service for when we do fly online?
I don't know what 'rules' there are at any of the Virtual ATC networks other than at eSkyworld. At eSkyworld you can register as a single pilot and use your CBF pilot number and use your 'Classic' callsign. Just remember to start and close the client programme to log your flight at FlyNET.

Rgds

John

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

is it possible for me to edit my Profile pic and the CBF116.png file
for a more Non C208 picture ?

Sorry but it bugs me.

Regards

John
Where can i find an Argosy that needs flying ?.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Rick

On your profile page just above where it says 'First Name' is the little 'pencil' icon for editing. You can select which aircraft to display, but they may have a default 'shadow' image as pics for 'our' new aircraft need to be uploaded first. On our 'fleet' page next to each aircraft is an 'info' button to take you to the aircraft information. On this page there is an option to upload an image. I'm not sure, but I think whatever image is linked to one aircraft may display on all aircraft of the same type - I haven't played with this feature as I've been busy elsewhere on the site.

Back to your profile page, you can upload a personal image there instead of 'the invisible man' shadow.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

John -

There are two pictures for each airplane, the default "type" picture, and the aircraft's specific picture. Once the plane is in the fleet, you can add a picture for each aircraft (so if you have a different livery on each airplane you can see which plane has which one). However, if you haven't added a picture for that specific airplane, then it displays the "type" picture which would be the same one you see if you looked at the "Aircraft Types" page and clicked on the info for that aircraft.

Now, the rules -

The aircraft specific picture can be whatever you want. The "type" picture must be an in-sim shot of the aircraft in the livery of one of its real-world operators.

Pictures for the "type" need to be sent to me so I can forward them to Konny who will then upload them. The aircraft specific picture can be uploaded by you.

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

I can't seem to get onto the flynet website to book a flight ?.

is it down for everyone ?.

Client logs in fine but website is dead for me.

Regards