More stuff on FSX

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

ChrisT..

I do often wonder why you dive so quickly to M$ side whenever anyone dares to question or critisize these shots. We've all been here long enough to know that the finished product will not be vastly different (if at all) from the previews so why on earth are we to expect something above and beyond what we see with our own eye's??? :roll:

Truth of the matter is that many of us will not see anything as good as the preview shot's without a major overhaul of our systems so please.. give us a break :wink: We'll all find out soon enough if anything was taken from the extensive, world-wide poll. My guess is that they'll have included what they wanted but we'll have to wait and see :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

For the record, FSX runs just fine (as does FS9) on a Radeon 9800pro, 128mb!

Dan.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

d0mokun wrote:For the record, FSX runs just fine (as does FS9) on a Radeon 9800pro, 128mb!

Dan.
Do you know if it has the same shitty old graphics engine or is it the same one yet again with a few more bells and whistles?
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Dan..

I think the idea is that you are not supposed to 'let on' that you have a beta version! :wink:

Of course.. you don't but you know someone that has :smile:

... as do I :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Hey, I said nothing of the sort.. I'm merely providing a perfectly good guesstimate!

KR
Dan.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I'm glad my reply got deleted.

Anyway, let's try this again -

David -

1) You're assuming that we will need a new computer to run the program. There have been no specs released nor has there been anyone to post what specs on the PC in use for the public showings of the program were, so I find it pretty ignorant to make statements to the effect of what you have without hard evidence of what's needed.

2) You're looking at pictures and making determinations on what is and isn't in this program in spite of the fact that the MS developers have repeatedly said that their focus hasn't been on graphics since the graphics improvements will be with DX10 which they don't even have yet to be able to create the DX10 graphics. Thus, they've spent more of their time adding the non-DX features like making things run smoother, new animation techniques, and the "internal" stuff like redoing how flight dynamics are computed and created, re-instating high-altitude (+100,000 feet) flight, and trans-polar flight (i.e. a "round" world instead of the FS9 "flat" one).

My point is that you and others are too concerned about the "looks" of the system and ignoring that the majority of where FS has needed work is in the non-visual regimes to allow for easier design and modification of the aircraft themselves and the underlying flight dynamics and make it more of a science and not a black art as it has been for nearly 20 years.

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

ok that video of the doughnut sitting in the cafe
simming like a idiot
it makes me :sicky:
really........
I'll keep my fs9 for some time too come
and be quite happy tyvm
maybe by the end of 07
after the bugs are worked out
or should I say "mostly" worked out
plus have to wait for the hardware to catch up
... again...thats more $

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Joe

the video is about as bad as me driving the Argosy down to Padang
with my son asking what the funny song is that I keep singing about
Sunrises, and thunder and flyingfishes and Mandalay....LOL

Sorry folks didnt mean to take the thread offline but I agree with
CB and Boatr - Ill wait and see what happens for a while - if as
MS says that "most" FS9 addons will be compatible then in the
word of an old Rolling Stone song "Time is on my side" - frankly
I dont see much difference in graphics myself

:wink:

Leif

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

lol leif
those new co pilots sure do ask alot of questions
plus I'm sure a endless supply of popcorn
to keep them going
:lol: :lol: :lol:
PS about the singing
at leat he didn't say
Daddy that hurts my ears
:lol:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I seam to remember a similar discussion about FS2004 when it was about to be released and all the ppl who stated they were going to stick with FS2002 yet we all have upgraded.

Since none of us are on the beta test team we really don't know what its going to be like. Lets keep the passions down and wait and see when it arrives.

For me I am planning on getting FSX early. I have been lucky that the new releases of M$FS have corresponded with the times when I have been planning on upgrading the computer anyways, I have often purchased the new version just to see what the new system can do. Since the old system is starting to get flaky....
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.