New Pilot??

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Add on scenery, me?! :smile:

Assumed Le Bourget was bad because there was the big city & Charles-de-Gaule in the background. It was worse than Heathrow, which isn't great but is acceptable.
The weather may have taken a few frames off, it does from time to time on my PC.
Anyway I had a crash (computer not aeroplane) on the way back & had to start again, so I'm definitely never going back there. :wink:

One scenery addon I do have is Garry Summons Manchester Airport & apart from a few stutters as it first comes into view, it's never been a problem there. I'm based at EGCC at the moment with Trident & 1-11 tests.
Just off back there now after a quick stop off at Brum. :hi:

DM
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DB

The Trident gives me the worst stutters of all :worried:

Sometimes I can barely fly it like trying to turn when it travels 30 feet or so by the time It comes back :huf:

For some reason it is very heavy sometimes I get less tha 1 fps with the Trident. :sad: .......usually it 8-15 :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:think: :roll:

I'd love to fly the Trident more regularly Garry but it's too quick for me these days and my pc isn't quick enough for it :roll:

I see what DM means about Le Bourget. The airport itself isn't a problem but having flown there quite a few times.. depending on the aircraft I'm flying, FSNav routes me in heading straight for the Eifel Tower (which has become a handy marker now!!) then as you turn left, you have more of Paris spanning out in front of you and to the right of LBG.. CDG!! Still.. I don't get any probs there. Even Heathrow isn't bad really. The major stutters I get are when turning off the runway as the ramps are pretty full there so I get pretty massive hits.
Manchester.. that really does give me the willies. As I approach the threshold on both northerly runways.. the sim stops!! As you'd imagine, this is not an ideal place to grind to a halt with only a hundred feet or so to the ground :poke: I look down and see the HD lamp strobing like a good 'un and eventually, it lets go leaving me to try and compose myself for a pitter patter landing.. NOT! :lol: It's not so bad coming in from the North but I'm idle and as most of my flights are from the South, I take a southerly routed runway :worried:

Still.. having a pc crash enroute to or from a destination does make you wonder if its worth going back there again :dunno:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Le Bourget

Post by hobby »

I had trouble approaching Runway3 tonight in a DC3 on a fuel consumption practice flight. Short halt to everything just as I turned onto that non ILS runway heading. I have no AI traffic at that default airfield but other AI traffic landing at CDG were seen. After landing and a similar problem when taxying to the gates I turned off 'aircraft shadows' to ease the load on my computer.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi DB

Thats exactly what I get

Sim pausing to catch up about to land and turn off the runway and when it comes back I've miss the immediate turn. :shock: :sad: :huf:

You can't miss Paris though.....that tower's quite an eyeful :roll:

Garry
Garry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I have to say I love the T2's she's a real TVR of the skys. I have the comet down on the south of France at the moment and she drinks fuel like my car! :lol:

When I get back to Heathrow, its back to manchester for me.... and no problem with frame rates on either the Trident or Manchester.... Heathrow though..... forget it! lol :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Hey Chris
They operate the Skyliner and are in Honolulu.
But --- We dont operate the Transit in Honolulu - nearest two are in Hilo operating flying "neighbor island" flights - the rest are in the Solomons and
US Samoa operating out island flights :) Wish I could figure out how to utilise the comet and Trident - But theres no real president for them in our part of the virtual world

Leif

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

DaveB & Garry.
Are you using the no-VC version of the Trident model when you get these terrible frame rates?
I wonder if it's the wing views?
Can't think of much else that would make the 2D Trident have a lot less fps than the Comet. Same technology, just different shapes.

DM
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi DM

It's the VC version but the old version pre VC was even worse

Garry
Garry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I don't know what it is with the Trident in particular DM as your models are always very poly-friendly but even looking at it from the outside see's delays in texture draws. I only have the T2 on this system at present and use whichever version the mouse hits :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!