New One-Eleven video

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Brilliant vid Dave, but do I detect that you have some competition for the captains seat?? :lol:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Tom Clayton
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Tom Clayton »

Finally got a chance to watch - one of the best I've seen in a long time, and a definite "Keeper!" About the soundtrack, interesting choice - classic American Rock & Roll, but I guess I'll let it slide as "Birtish" since it was The Who's version!

On a side note, there's not too many songs that have been covered so many times!
Summertime Blues Wiki link
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Moderator: Sim-Outhouse Forum
You can also find me on Facebook

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

I apologise for the Lord Locan thing :worried:

i think it was me that got that one going :lol: :lol: :lol:

DM was on one of his "sabaticals" and i commented he was like the Lord Lucan character :wink:

It sort of stuck as it was a funny one for me.

Regards
Rick :wink:

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

That video is fantastic, a real keeper!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Glad you liked it fellas. :smile:

To avoid spillage?
Certainly is. The baby has one too. :lol:
Took the best part of a year to find a cup like that that didn't leak.

Yes Captain Sam is well into aeroplanes for some reason. :think:
Usually shouts 'PLANE' whenever she sees one.
She went through a phase of pulling the lever on the yoke that cuts the fuel, then moved onto the trim adjustment switches. Thankfully she seems to have grown out of it now.

I'd seen that Wiki page with all the cover versions listed for Summertime Blues. Incredible isn't it.
I had four versions myself on mp3s without even knowing. The Who's is by far the best for me. Surprisingly much better than Motorhead's. :smile:

Lucan :thumbsup:
ImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Absolutely brilliant, I really enjoy that :dance:

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Dave I see the secret is out you don't design the aircraft you have a "little helper" that does it and you take the glory..shame on you :lol:
great video btw :smile:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

dswanson
Trident
Trident

1-11

Post by dswanson »

Dave,

Great video, can you tell me what tools you used to make it ?

I've been playing with Fraps and using virtualdub for compression but can't get the same results quality you had in that video. I'm using a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024. I've also used windows movie maker but always find the final result very poor.

Any help welcome !!
Regards,

Degsy

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Thanks again chaps. I'm still watching it every day thanks to the little un. :smile:

Degsy, I don't think it matters what you use to grab the action. I've tried Fraps & another video grabber - no real difference in them & neither is really up to it on my PC.
To do it effectively, you probably need two PCs - one playing FS & the other grabbing the pictures.

I'd try matching the resolution in FS to the final output size of the video & see if that helps. This video is only 720x576 (high quality PAL) so I set FS to 800x600.
That gives a bit of extra frame rate to play with & may even help it compress better, I don't know.

I've only ever used Windows Movie maker to edit, with some extra effects downloaded off t'internet.
The trick I use is to record the action with FS playing at half speed, then apply the double speed effect in Movie Maker. That effectively doubles the frame rate.
It comes out slightly faster than it should be, but the motion is just about acceptable compared to the crap I get when recording at normal speed.
Only problem with that method is that you have to dub sound on separately or it all goes a bit high pitched.

DM
ImageImage