Captain Sim Sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Stanley130
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Stanley130 »

Thanks for heads up, Dave! Although I have almost everything from the Captain, there were still some C-130 expansions I needed to get.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I just bought the 727 and then saw Dave's comments about the FPS :doh: , should have scrolled down first!!!!!
ATB Trev

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

........and now I find I have to be on-line to install it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :-#
ATB Trev

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

Got me the 757. If its rubbish, at these prices, I can just bin it.

Like DaveB, I'm kicking myself - having already bought over the years the 727, 707, Yak, F104 & C130 - all of which, contrary to popular opinion on some forums (707), are excellent and have provided me with hours of harmless fun.

CS are going to be busy over the next 24hrs I think ...
Simon

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

i just bought the 707 - i quickly read some reviews and it's the framerates that beat the 727, that and at least some of the switches are 3D which is a must on payware!

the europe sever is on 2kb/s, good job they have a test server up also and i'm downloading at 165kb/s :dance:

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Yep, 3 expansion models for my new JF C-130!!! Shame my FS9 is in a crashing mood all the time, so ill hvae to use FSX without render to texture parts :-(

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I never had a problem with the 707 and FPS.. not to any huge degree anyway. I took the liberty of removing the VC (as per instructions on the CaptSim forums.. some folk had talked of a 10-20fps increase) and it made so little difference, I don't know why I bothered.

The major problem I have now is the 757 I've bought and have yet to receive a download link :doh: I don't mind buying it for a little over $9 but spending $9 on nowt is a bit rich :crying: There's time yet I suppose :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

My 757 link came back within seconds of paying (with the others all in one e-mail :-$ )

Edit: but it was before the US woke up.

And you have 72 hours to download.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Just bitten the bullet and bought the 757 package. $9.99! (under six quid!) :dance:

Thanks for the heads up Mr B. :wink:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

how is the 757?

it's not even my thing but for the price....

actually in the aerosoft sale i bought the warthog, flew it twice and uninstalled it just because it really wasn't my thing :lol: