Vampire T11 .... out now with a few pics!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Vegas - its worth it

It looks beautiful , flies like a dream (wonderful for aeros) and as Trev says the sound is astounding :)

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Having seen this little tinker.. I'd be inclined to say there's more wrong with it than right :roll: However.. if you want a Vampire, it's the best available :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Dave
Why have you poured cold water on this model when it's been a positive feedback?
Are you just playing devils advocate and seeing who bites?
:tuttut:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I've had a whiz, and there are a few anomolies, but it does look very good. The VC is terible though, and I feel they would have been better tio release it without a VC than include that one.

Basically, its not bad... it looks very good, but it isn't excellent. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Stegs :smile:

You could equally ask, why haven't I been head over heels with praise over it :roll:

I often 'dive in' and buy because my heart tells me 'I want one' and when that happens.. I can be lead by my heart and forgive a models shortcomings because I want it 'enough'. On other occassions, I'm fortunate enough to see a model on someone else's system and decide then if I want to buy or not. With the Vampire.. I was both fortunate enough to see it before I bought it and the 'want' wasn't strong enough for me to unleash the plastic. Perhaps 'fortunate' is inappropriate but I have saved myself a few quid :wink: I may yet crack but not yet :wink:

Perhaps those who have extolled it's virtues thus far are in 'heart' mode and not 'head' mode though I did qualify my comment by saying that if you want one bad enough, then this model was the best available and I stand by that. I was a big fan of the Alpha Sea Vixen when it came out and it was only when I flew it some months later.. when the dust had settled, that I realised it was less than I'd first thought :roll:

I think I've been involved with folk who put a greater value on accuracy than monitary worth for too long :wink: As a rule, the models are the right shape, the FD is accurate, the parts are correctly modelled, they're painted correctly and the colours/finish is correct, the panels are correct in as much detail as is possible and you don't find the main gear lifting off the deck on braking. :roll:

What has been said buy other users is pretty much what I've seen. However, it's important on occassions to note what has not been said as it tends to say more :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

it's ok to follow your head
I think my luck has been up on that side of the argument
more than not

:tab:

:roll:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: Vampire T11 .... out now with a few pics!

Post by Trev Clark »

And now with a new FSX model and an update for FS9, correcting several things noted here. You need to download a whole new FSX version, but just a 2 meg patch for FS9. Use your account log-in and re-download.
ATB Trev

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Were the Admirals Barge aircraft ever mint-green? The only reference I can find about this is a rather lurid green Vampire model when I search for images, and I'm assuming it's a fictional aircraft with no reference as I believe XX160 is a Hawk serial (do they re-use the numbers?)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've only had a look at it in FSX Chris and I'm not sure the AB Green is accurate. However, it may just be one of those colours that's difficult to reproduce in the sim. Looks a treat in the flesh and with the reshaped nose.. it now looks more the part ;-)

Does anyone have an underside shot of the real one?? Reg's are the same way up/round on the Admirals Barge rather than have one facing fwd and one aft :think:

ATB

ImageImage

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Yes Dave, that colour does look very similar to Pete P's photos now, however I think the lighting in FSX is very bright, so it may look a little 'minty'!
I have had a few circuits and I have to say in FSX I now rather like this one. She is still a pig to trim 'hands off' but flies rather well 'hands on'!. It seems almost smooth on my FSX too :o :o
ATB Trev