Query on Control Devices.

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

BAe146
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BAe146 »

I have both a Saitek X52, and the CH Yoke, throttle Quad, and Pedals. I have the pedals plugged directly into the computer, and I use a USB switchbox to flip between the X52, and the yoke/ throttle quad. There's no messing around with the cables.

http://www.national-tech.com/catalog/usbswitchboxes.htm
"Mankind has a perfect record in Aviation, We've never left anyone up there."

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Dave,your post sums it up nicely.I have never regretted for one minute buying the CH yoke and pedals.BAe146 the idea of the USB is interesting but as presumably the box stays connected to the same USB port on the PC do you get any problems with that port 'seeing' different devices when you switch?Best Wishes EricT.
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

BAe146
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BAe146 »

No problems whatsoever. Just be sure to switch between the yoke or joystick before you start up Flight Sim.
"Mankind has a perfect record in Aviation, We've never left anyone up there."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Paul wrote:
Dave, it was me making one of those dreadful puns.
:poke: :poke: I need a poke with a sharp stick me thinks :lol: Missed that completely :doh: :lol:

A USB switch sounds interesting. I used to leave the lot plugged in and grab whatever came to hand until I recently noticed my Rapide 'wandering'. Rather than unplug the yoke (couldn't be arsed to bend down and get behind the back of the pc!!) I deactivated it in Control Panel/System/Hardware. Not particularly difficult and it cured the 'wander' but a switch would certainly be easier :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

ouldn't be arsed to bend down and get behind the back of the pc!
Dave

What you need is a USB extension cable. I have two approx 1m cables coming from round the back of the PC to the front. Ok it could be neater to do it internally but it works without the need for poking around at the back.

Most PC suppliers will sell these cables.

Ian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks Ian but what I really need is my head looking at!! :lol:

I'd not considered USB extension cables.. a nice idea :wink: I currently have all 6 USB ports occupied plus a powered hub and it get's pretty complicated down there :shock: TBH.. it's easy for me to connect/disconnect the stick as this sits on the hub (in easy reach) but the yoke and pedals are connected to the back along with some of the GoFlight stuff and it's not pretty :tuttut: For one unit, I agree an extension cable would do the trick. Something I'll be looking into :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

The only reason I knew about the extension cables was because USB memory sticks come with one. So the cables have become multi-purpose. :wink:

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Nigel H-J wrote:I have noticed one thing, when flying the Dove it requires a lot more rudder input than other aircraft, has any-one else noticed that?
That's 'cos there's a bit missing off the port elevator................. :worried: :lol:

Derek :whistle:

Hang on :shock: ..I'm moving this thread to 'Developers Corner and Hardware'... :lol:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I've not noticed any adverse 'extra' rudder input needed for the Dove Nigel though I've only flown it a few times :-$ :worried: :-# :lol: If anything, she can be a bit of a tinker to trim level. Could be due to the bit Derek forgot to model :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

DaveB wrote:Could be due to the bit Derek forgot to model :lol:
:shock: :-$ :hand:

Derek :bandit:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals