Next From Skysim!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Re: Next From Skysim!

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

More on the FS9 conversion.

when i get the FSX sp2 full model finished i will start conversion which will not have all the functionality obviously as the FSX version as FS9 can't do a lot of what i have animated etc

Currently just the rear cockpitVC has 150 plus keyframed animations and 44 visibilty animations for lights & marker flags etc.
so that will be doubled once the front cockpit is finished and there is no way that Makemdl will allow anywhere near than many animations in FS9.

I am now having some success with VC Shadows in DX10 :welldone: but have a mountain of stuff still to make and i am beginning to panic over timescale :$

However long it takes i think people will think it's worth the wait & the cost.

Regards
Rick :thumbsup:

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

However long it takes i think people will think it's worth the wait & the cost.
I couldn't agree more Rick!Keep up the good work. :)

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

If it is anything like your others Rick - and I am certain it will be - it is well worth the wait.

Take your time and don't worry - we are a pretty patient bunch at heart. :kissu:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

fmansam
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by fmansam »

this tool for dropping bombs etc.......
what is it?

i guess it's only for fsx what is the name or is it model specific?

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Fmansam

It's basically for use in a preloaded situation with the weapons pack by Chris Sykes.

as you drop the ordinance that was loaded on the flight they dissapear from the loaded station.

currently due to timescales the Hawk just has droppable practice bombs but will try to add more after the model is finished & released.

I hope if i can find some help to produce a few basic missions with the Hawk pack as this is the part of FSX that adds the depth & more fun.

But i have to be carefull as it's far too much fun for the time i have avaialable to actually build.

All these type of functions are FSX only.

I don't believe that FS9 users will pay for any new Addons so i am focusing on FSX as in my view it's the way to go
(i don't expect everyone to agree as we had an identical situation with the same people when FS9 was released and they all went over eventually)
main problem is it's a lot more work to make a proper FSX SP2 model with all the bells & whistles working :$

which is where i have got myself stuck.

Regards
Rick

edetroit
Meteor
Meteor

Post by edetroit »

"I don't believe that FS9 users will pay for any new Addons" sorry Rick but I believe you are completely wrong.

I for one will happily pay for new FS9 addons and NOT for FSX. I look forward to your FS9 version. :)
regards

Ed

My FS Videos

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Hi Rick,
I wonder if the powers that be over at Skysim would consider a seperate FSX (with all the new stuff on) and a slightly cheaper FS9 only version. I think that would keep both camps happy, I do not see FSX people wanting to bother to D/L an FS9 version and the FS9 chaps will not want to pay for stuff they cannot see or use. They can always buy it later (perhaps at a discounted rate) when they finally cross to the dark side! I am sure sales would benefit from this style of marketing.

I know this is not your problem, but I have just raised it here to see what people think.
ATB Trev

edetroit
Meteor
Meteor

Post by edetroit »

Well I like the idea!....as FSX's new eyecandy does very little for me anyway. I just like very good accurate models and in this style of aircraft a good VC would be great too. :)
regards

Ed

My FS Videos

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

That is one to think about Calypsos. The normal trend would be to put the 2 together and give the customer the "either or" option but obviously Rick will finish the FSX version first, so it may be feasible to sell them as 2 seperate products. The most important issue is that Rick has a product he is happy to hand over then he can take a well earned rest before thinking about the re-engineering job! :roll:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The most important issue is that Rick has a product he is happy to hand over..
I think hell will freeze over before that happens :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!