projects delayed until fs11?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Re: projects delayed until fs11?

Post by spatialpro »

I remember hearing that one back in the early '90s! Here we are in 2008 and very little has happened besides Google and a few others. Sounds great, but also reminds me of the prophesy that only a hand-full of computers would ever be needed in each country. Anyway, this is straying OT, so I'll stop right there...

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Railrunner130
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Railrunner130 »

DogTailRed2 wrote:I just hope FS11 is backwards compatible.
Judging from everything I've ever seen M$ produce, you've got the backwards part right.... :lol:
Home of the Caribbean-X and Alaska AFCADs Projects plus Repaints
http://home.comcast.net/~ccoarse/index.html

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Airtrooper wrote:As written above, I also suspect that FS11, FS12 and FS13 (I'm definitely NOT buying that unlucky one!) will be more and more "gamey". This will no doubt disenchant the existing membership here, who have known better FS.
I think you are probably right and whilst this might not meet our needs or wants it is probably the right marketing decision. We can easily get entrenched on forums like this and think there are only "power" users like ourselves. I suspect the truth is that we only constitute a small proportion of the sales and that the majority of copies are bought as a game. In that respect I am grateful that the game/simulation/call-it-what-you-like is flexible enough to allow add-ons and to include the realism that it does and am happy with what I have. Although I have generally stayed out of the FSX debate this is the main reason I have stuck with FS9 - it did what I wanted it to do before FSX came along (and therefore logically still does) and I'm not one to upgrade any software unless there is a very good reason.

John

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

This is one of the best point of view I have read since FSX came out. I agree 100% but the future is bleak :'(

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Agree with you John,although it is a bit disapointing to see that the new A2A B377 Stratocruiser is FSX only.Having said that it is interesting to note that PMDG will probably now release their MD11 for both FSX and FS9 instead of FSX only originally.'Nuff said as this is a Classis British forum.EricT :)
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!