new Auster at the pond

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: new Auster at the pond

Post by DispatchDragon »

DaveB,Davem(oly),Garry

Sorry for being a hog -- Ive just spent over an hour playing :)

The colour changes with the light :)

Also I thought Folks would like to a/. See whats coming very soon and b/. know it is already in Beta testing and isnt going to need much -- the flying charachteristics are a joy - AGAIN -- and this time Dave has included alot of love and detail -- the radios in the antartica are great fun-- just have to find the NDBs on the bottom of the earth -- These shots were taken out of Petrel Island (the RNZAF camp and runway)

because of the HUGE expanse of perspex EVERYTHING is visible.

Colour variation one -- These were taken using AS weather and put to 2315z (seems to be the short time of daylight down there at the moment)

variation two taken in "full" sunlight

The office -- very spartan but it all works

View out the right side -- those big old springloaded windows open by the way -- but not adviseable in -25 weather

Thanks for looking -- Dave has done a great job and as soon as the beta team has worn themselves out flying it
you can all have it ;)

Now back to Middle Wallop and the camoflage AOP6

Leif :flying:

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Nice to see from the top down screenie above, that the pilot is a Rebel Trooper from Star Wars. :000: Sorry, I'll get my coat...

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

DispatchDragon wrote:

Oh yes if anyone has photo's of the AOP9's Bomardier engine using a cartridge start I would like to see it. Martin (T6Flyer) has graciously recorded
the real AOP9 sounds for me - and I have a Kaufmann starter sound clip -- so Even if Dave decides not to remodel the AOP9 I am trying to put together
a sound file for the 9 -- The 6 was easy as it used a Gypsy which we already have an excellent sound file for courtesy of Don Putnam. OFFTOPIC
Have never seen a photo of a 9 with a cartridge start, but will keep on looking. As to the sounds, the only ones I've sent you recently were from the Jap powered Luton Minor (pop, pop, pop), but will convert my video file taken last week in WZ662 into a MP3 and as am normally found somewhere in it and the other 9s, more appropriate sounds can easily be obtained. We now have four airworthy examples with another two currently on rebuild. Not bad when there are only another 3 flying in the world!!

Martin

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Martin

The Jap sounds Im already mixing in the studio you gave me enough to put together a file -- Im going to try it out on the
Dart Kitten

Leif

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Cartridge starter on the AOP9 ? - no problems Martin - search for G-BKVK's cockpit photo and you'll see the said object on the far left just under the panel - ties in with the Pilots Notes.
As for you 'Swanoir' - that's my large,very well built son there in the cockpit - I'll tell him what you said. OTOH he does have a weird sense of humour - like his dad.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Dave,

Sorry, dont think I made myself clear then....what I meant was that I'd never seen a photo of a 9 starting with the aid of a cartridge. Will investigate today as am going to Eggesford in an Eurostar from Bodmin this morning.

Martin

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

I hope no-one's going to look for a tell-tale puff of smoke from somewhere on the AOP9 aircraft when I get around to building it :worried: cos I don't know where it would come from (or how to do it ).
I've just found out that the T6 for the Antartic was fitted with a cartridge starter - they probably didn't fancy their chances of a battery start at 40 deg below zero and no trolly-ac within 5000 miles :o
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Molyned wrote:I hope no-one's going to look for a tell-tale puff of smoke from somewhere on the AOP9 aircraft when I get around to building it :worried: cos I don't know where it would come from (or how to do it ).
I've just found out that the T6 for the Antartic was fitted with a cartridge starter - they probably didn't fancy their chances of a battery start at 40 deg below zero and no trolly-ac within 5000 miles :o
I'm really looking forward to the ski version as there are so many Glaciers around McLeland Field...I can probably make that smoke effect for you Dave...When it comes out I will work on it :flying:

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

T6flyer wrote:Dave,

Sorry, dont think I made myself clear then....what I meant was that I'd never seen a photo of a 9 starting with the aid of a cartridge. Will investigate today as am going to Eggesford in an Eurostar from Bodmin this morning.

Martin
Ambled up there today and looked at the five 9s we have and noted that four of them had the cartridge started blanked off. We recently obtained WZ706 for rebuild from Middle Wallop and that still has everything intact. Will see if can get under the cowlings this weekend to see if can take some photos of the starter.

All the others have the usual lever in the cockpit, but of course no wire connection to the starter. We presume that the AACHF 9 at Wallop still is cartridge start as its still a military aircraft. All civilian 9s are started via the now usual Armstrong method! :)

We're off to a Military Vehicle/Re-enactment event at Uppottery (where the 101st Airborne flew from on D-Day) at the weekend, so will try and get some 9 sounds in the air, now I've managed to get my camera to take video.

Martin

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

The AOP6/T7/Antartica will be up at The Pond late afternoon Monday GMT - and Ashaig/Broadford Airstrip scenery is up now......:)

Enjoy

Leif