Sunderland

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Sunderland

Post by DaveB »

Doesn't anybody look at these things during the development process and say 'Thats not right'.
While I agree 100%.. no, 101% with that statement and the sentiment in which it was made.. sadly.. and I know this from experience.. IF a developer THINKS it looks right.. you can tell 'em it's wrong until the cows come home and it will remain so. The fickle finger of fate isn't pointed anywhere here btw.. we have rather more respect for each other ;)

OK.. serious hat off. There might have been NO development and/or everyone who tested it thought it looked great :lol: They won't be the ones expected to buy it though ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Mickey D
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Mickey D »

Trev Clark wrote:Ther chances are Dan Dunn (a member here) may have something to do with it as he has worked on most FCS stuff in the past year or so. His models are now first rate, but the proof of the pudding etc, etc! We should at least wait until it comes out, before making comments...as happy/unhappy customers!
AFAIK Trev Dan hasn't worked on this one. Dan parted company with FCS more than a year ago. The Sunderland was being discussed as a project along with some scenery by SDB about 3 years back now when both Dan and Team SDB were working on the Hurricane package. But that's as far as it got. It would seem it's been revived. So if it's not up to scratch don't blame Dan.
Mickey D
Team SDB Scenery Bloke

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've seen Dan Dunn's textures on things like the Alphasim FSX Albatross, and they are vastly superior to those on this...thing.

Everytime I look at it now, I keep hearing Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'. Drat. 8)

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

So if the props aren't turning in the screenshots, how does it fly?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's all done by magnets and mirrors :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the flight model (.air file and CFG) that make it fly......the visual model can be any old shapeless blob.......like the stuff I make :worried:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I think you're missing the point chaps... if this ever does get off the ground/water it will be the first aircraft to fly made almost entirely out of breaze blocks. Personally I think it's a revelation! I wonder if they've installed cavity wall insulation and if they have what effect it has on frame rates?

Regards,
Chris

Angus Prune
Comet
Comet

Post by Angus Prune »

ChrisHunt wrote:I wonder if they've installed cavity wall insulation and if they have what effect it has on frame rates?
Surely they would have had to install cavity wall insulation in order to get the necessary building regulation approval? Don't know about the frame rates though ;)
"I don't care how many times they go up-diddly-up-up; they're still gits."

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

Garry Russell wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the flight model (.air file and CFG) that make it fly......the visual model can be any old shapeless blob.......like the stuff I make :worried:
But least your Bristol SuperFreighter looks like a plane.

kingt
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kingt »

I have purchased the download version[2004] today,and it is not too, bad.
the propellers do turn.