2011 Census

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: 2011 Census

Post by Prop Jockey »

A couple of completely useless bits of trivia for you:

1.> It's anticipated that 25% of the population will fill it in online. The website is geared to deal with that volume and if utilization is that high when you try to use it then it will politely ask you to come back later (probably a good good enough reason in many peoples minds to say 'Ahhh **** it' and go and do something else with their day).

2.> HMG have invested in 10 high speed scanners to deal with the paper documents. Even still it is anticipated that it will take from May to December to scan all the paper copies.

3.> This may be the last ever census of it's kind, a project is already under way to evaluate sourcing information by other means, so fill your boots with this one.

4.> Planning from a technology point of view started in 2003 for this one.

5.> Yes, Friday was a slow day for me in the office.

Cheers

Rich

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Are there such things as Jedi extremists or Jedi Fundamentalists? :lol:

Oh well, I guess this will be the first census in my lifetime where I shall (quite legitimately) go unrecorded! Having just missed one, I have only appeared in two. Strange thought.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just filled it out online, all went well until it came to Daisy.... Name - Check, DOB - check, where were you living this time last year? eh... Mummys Tummy? :lol: Language... eh - Baby? How well do you speak english? - eh - not at all? What is your marital status? - eh - I'm 9 months old!!!

Once you get so far through, it then tells you that you're under 15 and don't need to answer any more questions... so why do I have to answer the stupid questions above! :doh:

Just found this picture taken in September last year.... Daisy's first airplane ride.....
093.JPG
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

We've got one coming up in August, I think. I wonder if our bureaucrats can come up with anything sillier than the Q17 nonsense - and the explanation given in the comments to the Beebstory comparing the 1911 and 2011 censuses:

"I have solved the mystery of the baffling question 17, 'This question is intentionally left blank, go to Q18'. On the Wales version of the census Q17 appears as 'Can you understa...nd, speak, read or write Welsh?' Hence its absence from the England census."
There is clever now, boyo...
:cheers:
MikeW