Sounds missing in Trident

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

eskil
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Sounds missing in Trident

Post by eskil »

Dave, you have me a wee bit puzzled here. Do you refer to the [CameraDefinition.n] entries in the aircraft.cfg file? In my downloads, these entries are identical in the Maltby Trident 3 (TRIDENT_3_20081209) and Dave Evans' mod files (Trident 3 folder in tr23fsx; unknown date but downloaded recently).

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :hello:

I downloaded the T3 from DM's site yesterday and it doesn't have any camera definitions.. I've just checked the original download just to make sure. I cut and pasted those from Dave Evans aircraft.cfg into DM's T3 config *-) My file is also 20081209 so how odd is that?? :-O

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

eskil
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by eskil »

Curiouser and curiouser... I looked at the TRIDENT_3_20081209 I have, and I note that there are two aircraft.cfg files in it. The one named aircraft.cfg.fs9 doesn't have the camera definitions.
Never mind, everything is in working order now, and I can focus on understanding the AP*s Descent Mode. When I engage it, the aircraft duly descends but it never levels out at the altitude I have set in the altitude window, but continues right into the ground! The manual says that it will re-engage Height Lock, but it doesn't.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

FS9 doesn't use Camera Definitions *-) .
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo eskil :hello:

That really IS odd. I've checked again this morning in every single file I have and there's no sign (I can find) of an FSX aircraft.cfg. Did you download it from DM's site.. not that it matters as you're up and running anyway?? *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

eskil
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by eskil »

Dave, could we have been looking at different versions? I have the Trident 3, which comes with two aircraft.cfg files as mentioned, but I downloaded the T.2 just now (from dmflightsim as always), and that only has one - and that one is lacking camera definitions, so apparently it is a FS9 file.
Anyway, everything works, and I have beefed up the .wav files.
But - I have had problems logging on to the forum today. I might mention that when I first tried to register, I was kicked out innumerable times and almost gave up on it. Then one day, I got in, and that's the day that I posted this question.
But today, each time I have logged in, in a couple of second I am logged out again by the system. So I have been waiting for the message about a new reply, in order to be able to enter the forum. Can you tell what is causing this?

regards,
eskil

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi eskil :hello:

Rgr that :)

Not sure why you've been having problems getting in. What you're describing sounds like a similar issue some folk were having just after we'd changed servers. The auto redirect didn't appear to be working and users were coming in using .org instead of .co.uk. The page was drawing but when scrolled down, it was obvious they weren't logged in. As long as you're coming in from the .co.uk address.. www.cbfsim.co.uk or www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/ (if coming directly to the forum).. it shouldn't be spitting you out. *-) Ben (TSR2) is our webmaster.. I'll ask him to take a look if your problems persist ;) Sri for the inconvenience you've had thus far.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage