Airport Randomiser...is there one?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RJP
Comet
Comet

Re: Airport Randomiser...is there one?

Post by RJP »

Hi Paul / Alex,

I've done the origin part of it and have included fields for region / country / state / city / airport. You should both have emails with it.

It's possible to select down to an individual city and get a random airport at that city, or you could select only as far as state and then get a random airport in any city in that state, or you could leave all the selections blank and get any airport anywhere.

The randomisation will give only airports with a longest runway of at least the length specified. You can also choose to include or exclude water runways from the possibilities.

It's written in Excel 2003 for maximum compatibility.

At the moment it only provides the selection / randomisation for the origin. Next step will be to add the destination selection / randomisation in with the ability to select the region / country / etc as well as the maximum distance from the origin. Then I need to put in some error checking and it'll be done.

Best regards
Richard
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Airport Randomiser...is there one?

Post by Swanoir »

Richard, sorry I haven't got back to you. Having a busy week but I'll let you know when I've had a chance to play, er, I mean evaluate ;)