Auster AOP.9

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that Martin.. much appreciated. The '9' is a great little aircraft and the model deserves an accurate FD. Many of those nasty little fields that currently elude us in the sim (those not fond of the Cub that is) can use the AOP9 as an alternative :wink:

Appreciate Mr Ito's production time. As a comparison, below is a shot of the Messenger Rick Piper was working on. What you see there is around 3 days work. Unfortunately, lack of interior shots stopped the model going further :sad: Rick could probably knock out a couple a week at Mr Ito's level of detail but chooses to go that little bit further :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Mateys

I have not given up on the M38.

I have quite a few more pics of the cockpits now.

Main problem is the master textures where lost when my HDD died a year or so back.

It will get finished at some point.
But before anyone asks i have no idea when and wont guess.

Unfinished models
Miles M38 Messenger.
Dh Venom.
Gloster Meteor NF11.
Gloster Meteor TT20.
Gloster Meteor T7.5 (martin Baker ej seat test AC 2 of).
Gloster Meteor NF14.
BAC Strikemaster.
BAC Jet Provost Minor update.
Viscount 700 update.

All i need now is 29 hours in a day ,Sav and no more requests <ggg>

Regards
Rick :wink:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rick wrote:
All i need now is 29 hours in a day ,Sav and no more requests <ggg>
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Want.. want.. want!! You're never happy :lol: :lol: Sri for the off-topic but.. I've not looked at the M38 for ages and it still looks a treat :wink: It'll make a nice opponent to have races against the AOP9 when Brian has sorted the FD!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

Rick Piper wrote:I have quite a few more pics of the cockpits now.

BAC Strikemaster.
Is there not a flying example somewhere in the UK. if so, is there any chance someone here could hook you up with a look?.

And how is the Strike master coming along by the way?
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Ive been waiting for the Messingabout for a while - always loved it and Gemini
Oh yes and Im sorry for being Rude - Welcome to the Funhouse Martin
looks like you could be a very helpful source for upcoming projects
Leif

Dave - do I smell a virtual Kings Cup in our future???
If so I need a Mewgull update - I think the only one available was Frank Elton's Fs2K version

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

DaveB wrote:Thanks for that Martin.. much appreciated. The '9' is a great little aircraft and the model deserves an accurate FD. Many of those nasty little fields that currently elude us in the sim (those not fond of the Cub that is) can use the AOP9 as an alternative :wink:

Appreciate Mr Ito's production time. As a comparison, below is a shot of the Messenger Rick Piper was working on. What you see there is around 3 days work. Unfortunately, lack of interior shots stopped the model going further :sad: Rick could probably knock out a couple a week at Mr Ito's level of detail but chooses to go that little bit further :wink:

Will try and take as many as I can of XR240, XR241, WZ662 (the prototype) and XN441 at the weekend.

Now I'm not really a computer literate person (I can just about get by), so there's me thinking that Mr Ito did a grand job, and then I'm bowled over by hearing that the Messenger took just a few days. I'm very impressed.

Now...I have a bit of a confession to make now. I was one of those people that said to Mr Piper 'hey I've got Messenger photos' and then did nothing about it. I am sincerely sorry for not supplying the goods, but I've had one hell of a year with sick parents and just havent had the time to sit down and do anything aviation orientated. Now, that things have returned to a more normal way of life, the 9 project has somewhat kicked me up the provervial and I'm trying to regain my interest.

So....I am now making an open apology. All that I do have and if it is of any use are some Pilot magazine articles on the Messenger which do include cockpit photos. I do have a friend who is a trustee of G-AKIN the Messenger at Sywell, and as he owes me a favour for helping with a T-6 scheme, I can always ask if he can take some digital cockpit shots.

I appreciate all that everyone is doing on the 9 and look forward to seeing the end results.

Best wishes,

Martin

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Digi shots of AKIN's internals will be most welcome too Martin. Don't bust a gut.. if and when will do :wink:

Regards

ImageImage

Kevin
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kevin »

Leif,

Mew Gull - there is an excellent FS9 Mew Gull by Lee Hall, which has been available for quite a while (date on the 'read me' is 15 March 2004). It is well worthwhile to download - very good visuals, flight model is authentic and there is copious documentation on both the model and the real aircraft (its record flight, and its pilot).

It even comes with a pretty good replica of Alex Henshaw in the cockpit!

It is available on Flightsim as mew_gul2.zip.

Kevin

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thank you Kevin

Off to find it and brush up on my pylon turns LOL

And who says CBFS cant be informative and helpful???????

:lol: :dance:

Leif

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Went flying yesterday and managed to get various cockpit shots of the four airworthy Mark 9s. Just need to sit down and sift out the better photos before sending on.

Martin