Alphasim Typhoon is out..........

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

Rick, I use an ATI chip as it happens, and I get sharp Alphasim textures, and blurry repaints, untill they load in fully a short time later, and all the textures files that I've modified, are mip free. So for example, DA2 is entirely MIP free on the ouside, but IPA1 uses the AS wings, and most of the fuse textures. Thus, the tail and mid fuse and front fuse are mip free, but the rest are as provided.

Either way, yes I could de-mip the default AS textures for you. Then you can then just copy over bits like under fuse, wings etc onto my IPA1, 3sqn, 111sqn (when I let you all have that one) :wink:

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Hola Igorski,

Are 111sqn actually going to operate the EFA? If so, it certainly seems like the soul of the Fright will live on in an equally as impressive airframe..!

..if not, does that mean that there is a chance of a 74sqn paint in the same sort of style? Maybe even a Firebird? ;)

Great work and I for one can't wait for the 111sqn scheme to be made available!

KR
Dan.

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

I havnt a clue if 111sqn will opperate Typhoon to be honest. Hopefully.

Yes you might just see 74 and 56 sqn repaints :wink:

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Andy

I will try again.

Sorry did not manually look at the textures just assumed you where running NVidia so kept the mipps in :redface: .

I will give them more time to load as they look sharp in your shots.
Regards
Rick :wink:

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

there are no plans as of yet to fly the typhoon with 111. They will be the last F3 sqn, which at the mo is due out of service in 2013. 56 sqn will begin to disappear next year, and merge with 111, 25 will go in 2008, and 43 due to go in 2009/10

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ukmil wrote:there are no plans as of yet to fly the typhoon with 111. They will be the last F3 sqn, which at the mo is due out of service in 2013. 56 sqn will begin to disappear next year, and merge with 111, 25 will go in 2008, and 43 due to go in 2009/10
By which time they'll be running out of places to put Sqn numberplates! The UASs will be "XX" (R) Sqns soon!

XX = Sqn number! :lol:
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]