FSX Release date...........

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

andy

Post by andy »

Come on CB. Fs2000 was absolute sh1te.
It has improved a little since then. not a lot, but a little. :wink:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

:lol: :lol:

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

:lol: :lol:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

andy

Post by andy »

I do think that the current system has evolved from CFS2, and not fs2000.
It was intended for a limited scenery area, (ie pacific region) and was therefore stretched beyond its intended capabilities. :think:

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I'm actually quite content with my FS installation at present but only because I've spent a small fortune on payware to enhance the game.

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

The sim is indeed in Beta 1 form, iirc.

I think that there are some real graphical improvements, take the water for example.. and the traffic (such as cars, boats, herds, all of that stuff- it's all in the videos). Plus, the expansion into the higher-altitudes is pretty cool.

But then, to each his own! There will be no doubt that a lot of people will run both FS9 and FSX, but a time will come when everything will work just nicely- and the sim will only get upgraded in a few years again.

Dano

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

From the screenshots I've seen so far of the beta, FSX isn't looking too bad. What I would like to see in the next version is not so much better graphics, but an improved ATC, and, an AUTOPILOT THAT BLOODY WORKS!!!!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Ill probs buy it,bit I wont start using it over fs9 untill all of my add ons ect work in it :smile:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Vulcan_to_the_sky! wrote:From the screenshots I've seen so far of the beta, FSX isn't looking too bad. What I would like to see in the next version is not so much better graphics, but an improved ATC, and, an AUTOPILOT THAT BLOODY WORKS!!!!
If you want ATC, buy Radar Contact. MS will never have any real understanding of real world ATC no matter how much they try.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

TobyVickers wrote:
andy wrote:I've got a glass of water here on my desk............... It's also got some distilled yellow liquid in it from Scotland. :wink: :smile:
Didnt know you worked in a medical lab, processing urine samples Steve. Oh you mean Whiskey... nice stuff that... but not in the height of the summer :cool:
Toby he said that nasty scottish stuff (whisky), not the more superior irish version. :wink: :wink:

Pedantic, me? :lol:

As for the FS X debate. Like a lot of people I stayed with FS2002 for quite a while, because the move over to FS9 would mean 'losing' stuff made in the earlier versions of FSDS (for example most of the Alphasim choppers). It was not until the point was reached where addons were really only being made for FS9 that I made the switch. Unless FS X has some radical differences I won't be in any hurry to make the switch; and I mean radical, not scenery tweaks.

AndyG