BAe146 / Avro RJ

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: BAe146 / Avro RJ

Post by Filonian »

Airspeed wrote:

EDIT: To save you the trouble of responding, vomit vomit vomit, Abacus s***t, poor quality, ***! poo! doesn't even have the right abcdef or g.
thanks for reading

I got the Wellington, was tempted because of Driffield but Image

I did once have Jon Murchison's BAe300 & Concord as AI aircraft with AIS animated ground components and pushback and found the very good.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The JF one looks good, certainly at that price, but if you want all of the AVROs and the 146s 100 / 200 / 300 etc you'll need the quality wings one :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks for the hu Mike. :hello: I do like Abacus' 'try before you buy' option. Did everyone see the free 'Bigfoot Hunter' FSX adventure on the website. Here it is...

http://www.abacuspub.com/shop/index.php ... cts_id=168

"In Bigfoot Hunter, you'll be flying the DHC-2 Otter from Flight Simulator X as you search the woods for the beast.

You are Butch Remington, an ex-US Air Force special forces retired Bush pilot and worldwide Bigfoot hunter. But you are no ordinary Bigfoot hunter, you have been employed by the government to track these beast down, shoot them with special tranquilizer rounds, track the beast till they fall asleep and drag them back to your plane and take them to the men in black. Yes the government knows all about these creatures and gives you a special compass tracking device and you must preserve the public from finding out the truth."

DHC-2 Otter?? :S Looks like a Beaver to me. Can you imagine Bigfoot sitting in the backseat of a Beaver? :rofl:

Brian

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Id just like to add another comment on the QW Avro RJ's. I've only really been able to use it properly since the second service pack was released as I've been running Windows 8 on my flightsim PC and the Avro doesn't work properly with Windows 8 until you install SP2. Make no mistake, this is a beautiful model with a superb VC. I was able to jump straight in as I had studied the old BAe Panel Project 146 / ARJ panels years ago and the processes are, as you would expect, the same. I am really enjoying flying this, and IMHO its worth every penny, hopefully even more so when the 146's are released in the coming months. Its the best payware addon aircraft I've bought in years (possibly ever) :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Not sure here if the QW SP2 is only of any consequence if you run Win8.. I know.. not paying attention :worried:

The beauty of Abacus 'try before you buy' is that, of past experience.. you know you're not gonna buy it anyway. This is especially true of their aircraft 8) They DO have some good titles under their umbrella though.. FSDS being one ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

Sorry I didn't explain that very well at all :lol:

QW SP2 corrects a load of bugs / adds enhancements to the model, with the nice side effect that it will make it work properly in Windows 8 ;)

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ahh.. I'm more comfortable with that :thumbsup:

Must download the FSX version some time but in reality, my main 'wait' is for the 146 ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Indeed mate, the 146 can't come soon enough as that's where the bulk of the paints I'd be interested in will be. Having said that, I've been using DG's Titan paint on the RJ and I'm comfortable with that for the time being. Truth be told there is very little "glass" in the RJ. It was really the RJX that had the "proper" Glass cockpit. :cpu:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Just as a note, QW have re-released SP2 as they found a bug in the original. Something to to with engine starting from a saved cold and dark situation.
See their forums for details & download.

Haven't had much time to fly this recently apart from slapping on the ETPS paint as I've been busy with something else, but I have to agree with Ben, it really is a great model. Best payware airliner I have.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. I don't have much by way of payware airliners in FSX.. just the RJ and the Connie but I agree, the RJ is a great model and worth the cash if you consider it spans both FS9 and FSX/P3D :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage