New Comet is out

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: New Comet is out

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum

One thing you best try is removing the old pane first rather than overwriting.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

You say you've downloaded the new panel, butyou'll need the new aircraft to go with it. To the best of my knowledge they are not interchangable out of the box.

Also as Garry says, you should delete the old Comet files first.... including the comet folders within the DMFS Shared Files folder.

Hope this helps. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Andrew Page
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andrew Page »

Having now flown several test flights in the new Comet, I have to say it's a very impressive piece of work and I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thanks. I certainly haven't seen a better, or more flyable, VC, and that's from a 2D man. I may almost become a convert. The VC also gives a flavour of just how intimate it must have been in the cockpit. One can only hope the FE remembered to pack his deoderant (or whatever they used back then)!

Thanks, David, for another great job.

Regards,
Andrew

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Not taking all the downloads that you need is an easy mistake. The separate download files give the wrong impression that the bits may be optional.
The reason for splitting it up like I do is only to make it easier for me to maintain.
Panel, Models, Textures, Sounds all have a relationship & sometimes they can't be mixed and matched without editing stuff.
You can overwrite old Comets without any problems, but it can be less confusing to delete them first.

Thanks for the kind words. :thumbsup:

DM
ImageImage

Bobcat
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bobcat »

Quality once again.

I love the VC, the 2D panel improvements, and the way it handles.

For those having the screech and crash from the sound through the Audigy ZS card; I got around it by using the 'KX Project' alternative drivers, they are good and can be found easily enough on a google search. Up to version 5.10 now I think. They also work with the BAC 1-11.
It's a strange problem that only happens with the Audigy ZS for some reason - I could never get to the bottom of it and creative labs certainly never solved it - strange how ordinary wave files should crash the machine, but with creative's drivers they do!

I think the Audiy ZS was the worst card they ever made - I have now ditched that piece of doo-doo for a X-fi - no problems anymore! :)

Thanks David! I will send you something by paypay for sharing your piece of art.

Seagull
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Seagull »

David,

Thank you again for another truly magnificent masterpiece. I took her up for what was supposed to be a short flight and got so engrossed with it I landed 3 hours later!! CHEERS CHEERS

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Mr Maltby......what a gem CHEERS
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Paolo Lao
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Paolo Lao »

Hi all, can someone tell me what filename to download? :) went to the comet page but dont know what file, the release date's are still up to 2005

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Paolo,

I don't know what site your trying to download from. DM's files are only available from his website... http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk

The direct link to the comet page is here...
http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/dh106_comet.htm
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

really really nice, a beauty to hand fly. A very convicing VC indeed.