I don't think I would...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: I don't think I would...

Post by petermcleland »

I'm very glad to hear that Jonesey...In real life I tried never to fly a passenger on my display practices even when I was flying a two-seater. It is very hard for the person not flying to tense at the right moment...They are always late and black or grey out early. I only took a passenger once and regretted it. Anyway Jonesey, I think our flight together was quite a good sequence so I'll keep the recording for "Air Day" :flying:

Also in real life when I was flying Sierra Bravo, I got checked out for the back seat and took a friend, Barry Gillingwater, up a few times. He is about 6 feet 2 inches tall and I remember doing a lowish slow roll with him in the front and seeing his head getting pretty close to the canopy (may even have bumped it) :worried:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: I don't think I would...

Post by petermcleland »

Must have been very frightening though :lol:

Reminds me of my first flight ever, in a Tiger Moth...I wasn't really sure that I trusted that little pin that held the four parts of the Sutton Harness together...I was pretty frightened when Thorne, the pilot did a slow roll and suddenly I was hanging clear of my seat in that harness. I think I would have loved to have had a perspex canopy protecting me from all those thousands of feet of clear cold air between me and the ground :worried: