The Ponds "Skunk Works"

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: The Ponds "Skunk Works"

Post by DispatchDragon »

Degsy check your pms mate

And Keith -- got your mail this morning -- Ill have it up at the Pond shortly

Nice work Degsy -- seems we have a knack of putting aircraft and scenery together (See Dave Molyneaux Auster's and the
Rearsby scenery) hopefully we can off the Jindi and Llanbedr together as well

Just have to build Keiths office for him ;)

Leif

dswanson
Trident
Trident

Post by dswanson »

Keith,

I'm afraid my "artwork" required little skill other than placing objects according to screen shots of Llanbedr from Google Earth, using E-Z Scenery. Careful use of the throttle brakes and steering of my Austin K2 Ambulance enabled the placements and the buildings were selected on the basis of my memories of Llanbedr from holidays in the area. The Google Earth pictures must have been taken post-closure of Llanbedr as the runways are decorated with crosses.

Not thinking I'd make my version of Llanbedr public, I just used the AFCAD default runway textures, colours and markings, but I guess I could experiment as there is a black tarmac texture I think. I've also added an ILS to either end of 18/36, which I'm not sure is realistic but very useful in bad weather.

Where was your office ? Give me some clues and we'll see about re-creating it .....
Regards,

Degsy

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Degsy, Just joking, but it does look good. I tried to paste a screenshot but my tired old brain cannot fathom how!!!
Regards
Keith

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Just a thought (the proverbial two pennorth). The Hardy/Friswell Meteor source files are available, would they not make the basis for a simple AI Meteor drone to further populate the virtual Llanbedr skies?

dswanson
Trident
Trident

Post by dswanson »

Ah yes,

WK800 in Llanbedr drone colours would be great !! :dancer:
Regards,

Degsy

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Where are these source files??

I think I know a likely vict......painter ..........Ohhh Peter?? where are you............ :lol:

Truthfully -- Keith has started something of a cottage industry over at the Pond -- you all may see Llanbedr return to life shortly

Leif

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

DispatchDragon wrote:Where are these source files??
There's a couple on here: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/military.html about halfway down.

Jon
UKFlightsim: 'Quality, not Quantity' http://ukflightsim.freeforums.org

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Unfortunately for me they are in FSDS format & to convert one apparently needs FSDS to convert to DXF, then Gmax will by all accounts accept DXF! So I am still at square 1 - well almost - I do have the majority of a U16 that I did for FMS, from which I think I can DXF it.
Keith

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

Dev One wrote:Unfortunately for me they are in FSDS format & to convert one apparently needs FSDS to convert to DXF
No it doesn't.

After I asked on Free Flight Design Forums for a ukfs project, they said you need to Download the CVA converter which is able to convert into DXF format.

I have done it with a venom FB4 and I'd be more than happy to do the meteor for you :) Only thing is you'd need to reanimate it and re texture it.

Jon
UKFlightsim: 'Quality, not Quantity' http://ukflightsim.freeforums.org

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Jon

I will be more than happy to have the source files modified for AI use with the Llanbedr project with the following proviso's

That you can produce proof from Mr Hardy that he approves it -- as there would have to be some serious modification to

the original model to produce an AI of quality for the project. That once produced it be associated ONLY with Keith and

Degsy's Llanbedr project - and that ALL sources including ORIGINAL builders , etc etc be acknowledged in the read me.

There are several people involved in this that I do NOT wish to have annoyed by blunders as there were with Ito Sans models

recently -- I dont think I can make myself any clearer than that.

If you feel you can happily abide by these requirements we will would look forward to having your skills with a U17 AI model

Leif
obo of - Classic British Files