Captain Sim's 737

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Captain Sim's 737

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Ian :hello:

I doubt you wouls have an issue as the pics were from you machine so were probably pulled in from cache *-)

TBH I'd not seen progressive JPEGs since Noah's last Ark progress pics :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Garry Russell wrote:TBH I'd not seen progressive JPEGs since Noah's last Ark progress pics :lol:
How's that project going, by the way? :lol:

Garry - how does the exterior model of the 737-200 match up to your experienced eye?

Ian :)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Ian :hello:

From what I can see there it looks OK but I am not very well up on Boeing 737's, there are major engine mount and reverse differences on the early ones as well as some other changes, but what this represents I can't say off hand

But it does have the later reversers but the look of it

The 100 had the 200's rear door...don't know if it still has *-)
Garry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Well if you think it looks OK then it'll be more than good enough for me. Thank you.

I shan't bother with the -100 add-on so I'm not bothered about any discrepancies there.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I'm no expert on the FLUFF.

The reverser's are an obvious change, originally they were parallel but tending to lift the aircraft a bit reducing wheel braking efficiency, so the the angled to deflect off the pure vertical...down inboard up outboard and the exhaust was lengthened.

The other major change was to blend the wing mount and that change and other updates was incorporated in all aircraft in about 130 something build number and after that they were known as 200 Advanced....so most 200 were 200Adv

But I'm sure someone will come along and say something else :worried: :hide:

But if this is anything like the Just Flight Viscount and Comet it will be a mixture of marks...but I think CS is better than that :)
Garry

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

Well, here's something from the CS737-200 that might amuse folk here.. On the control column is a representation of the checklist panel and the clip that holds an approach chart. Click on it ad you get this excellent tribute to the Miracle on the Huson....

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Excellent!! :) :thumbsup:

I still regret that this model is FSX only!

Cheers,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Oh cripes! I missed that, even though I've done four flights in it now.

I like that - it's really cool. Well done CS.

Ian :lol:

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

Just an update on this - Captain Sim have gone through a number of pre-full release versions - I got in at the 0.5 version and we're now at 0.8. It's still available at a 10 Euro discount while its in Beta - but I'd say its now pretty close to release. Still no internal cabin model but the flight deck is working a lot better than some fully released products I have known. I'm certainly enjoying flying it and apart from the occasional blip with things like wrong colour warning lights and so on I haven't had any real problems. The forum has a very clear status for each of the main model areas with a definition of what is "on the list" for fixing before full release. It seems like a well-managed Beta program to me.They've also released an 737-200 ADV expansion.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Yes, I agree, John. I think CS's new policy of pre-releasing it has worked very well. There are a lot of keen, serious simmers who've been giving some positive feedback on the forums and the design team have got an excellent information system to keep everybody informed of their progress within each area. I'm very happy with it already but I'm sure they won't consider it finalised until the perfectionists have decreed it so!

I've just downloaded 0.8 but haven't got round to flying it yet. The aircraft that has given me the most satisfaction during my years of simming was the Tinmouse project panel c/w Erick thingummy's 732 model in FS9. I have a feeling that with this CS model I might recapture those happy times! It had just the right balance of complicated systems (which you could bypass if you wanted to) and an aircraft which behaved exactly how you felt it should.

Fingers crossed!