Prepar3D 2.5 is out now

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Prepar3D 2.5 is out now

Post by DaveG »

Tried it just now, & I'm getting the same error. :dunno:
Just booting up FSX to check all's working there. :cpu:
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Well, it's still working in FSX. Tried a fresh installation of the Islander, but no go. :(
Dave G.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I still have P3D v1.4 installed (as well as FSX) and it's working fine in that.
Have you also applied the Hotfix?

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Yep.
Dave G.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Majestic DH8 400 does not like P3DV2.5 at the moment either.

Some useful tips on the P3D forum including setting all sliders below 'terrain' and 'scenery' to max. Gives much better frame rates.

Nev

Adrian Petford
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Adrian Petford »

DaveG wrote:Yep, Henks right about your cfg entries. The effects entry should go in the effects.cfg. There's a fonts.cfg as well, so I've added a user fonts folder to that as well. Actually I'm surprised there isn't a way to specify a user gauges folder in the same way as effects etc, other than setting a specific path in the panel.cfg.
Haven't tried Dinos MB326 in 2.5 yet, but there's a similar issue with the Aerosoft F14 that needs a path editing.
I think an external gauges.cfg will come Dave, as the Learning Centre says gauges are not supported "yet".

I am gradually reinstalling all my aircraft using the external paths and have found it to work very well so far. It's more work initially and as you say there are some case by case anomalies but will be a huge time saver in the long run. I was able to get back up and running with a full hangar from a clean reinstall of P3D in about 25 minutes with no reinstalling of third party aircraft required, simply by restoring the relevant .cfg files including my custom paths to ProgramData.

My external paths support separate P3D-dedicated versions as well as a common folder which FSX can use as well, which has halved disk space usage as well as saved having to install everything twice. The only small downside is having to copy the Gauges folders across to P3D each time you update aircraft.