Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Re: Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

Post by Rick Piper »

I got to the same stage with the Hawk Security (nothing to do with me)

I had just about enough support calls all for stuff I didn't make.

But I also got lots of complaints about my crappy mapping :poke: (you try it in FSDS!)
When I built the Hawk nothing at all went under the wings other than the odd stripe which fitted my model fine.
the year after the RAF decided to put a heart in the bottom of the wings and almost every special thereafter :rant:

so people started to complain :hide: :lol:

Just have to chill and move forward
I hope Baz chills a bit then pops back up as it's not the end of the world.

it looks like more of people being miffed about it being seemingly unimportant that's caused the problem.
Pretty sure Baz will get it sorted soon.

I sent him a PM on SOH but he's not replied :dunno:
Come on Baz they love you really mate :cheers:

I still hate every review of the Hawk I did for Skysim apart from PCPilot complained I didn't model the APU
The Hawk T1/A has no APU but not one of the reviewers would correct their error to this day!

You can't win mate.
You just have to chill and go with the flow.
AH models are very well done and always have been but Payware means they need properly testing which only a couple of Devs actually do without the "get in on sale yesterday" ethos of most of the publishers.
That's why I will never get involved in building for another publisher.
I doubt I will ever bother as it's just not worth the input for the meagre return.

that's what's caused the problem for Baz (my guess).
Life's too short and we only get one go :cpu:

Rick

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

I was really enjoying the Helldiver until someone pointed out the missing glass. I was wondering why it was so breezy. :wasntme:

I was somewhat upset myself that the glass would only be displayed in DX10 mode, and that this information was not available when I purchased the product from AH. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it did drop my enthusiasm for the product. I didn't think it was fair to have to alter my FSX setup just for one product, and I was also concerned about the trend for future releases.

And in my opinion, running FSX in DX10 works for some but not for others. Even running in DX10 mode requires Steve's FX fixer (another payware) and other changes, so now things get complicated. I prefer to enjoy the sim and not spend my free time playing computer technician. If this trend continued, I think I would have found another hobby as I just did not want to deal with the changes.

I was surprised at how many went for refunds. I still like the Helldiver and continue to fly it despite the missing glass. I was hoping others would take the path of contacting their help desk and perhaps AH would reverse their position. Unfortunately, the consequences went beyond what I expected. Sad to see Baz go as I enjoyed the direct dialogue.

Upward and onward as they say. Cheers. :party:

--WH

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

The sad thing is all of this mess could've easily been avoided by AH simply adding DX10 to the model's list of technical requirements. :(

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Err.. that 'someone' was me :wasntme:

Agree with much of what's been said.. most of it in fact.

When I emailed JF about the glass problem, there was no indication that Baz would make the necessary changes as I've already said. I asked if they could find out if he was ever going to fix the problem (they having more clout than I) and if not, I'd be asking for a refund as a model without glass is not fit for purpose. They responded almost straight away saying they had no idea so under the circumstances, they issued an immediate refund adding that I could always buy it again should this happen.

For me, having to use DX10 to see glass was a deal breaker. How he thought he could get away with selling it in that state is still beyond me. As for commercial pressures from publishers.. Baz IS Aeroplane Heaven and this was an AH release.. nowt to do with any outside publisher. It could have been released when ready and if they're working on a 'soon to be released fix'.. holding off an extra week would have seen everything in the garden rosey and plenty of happy chappies.

You can please some of the people all of the time e t c ;)

He'll bounce back I'm sure.. not that he's actually gone anywhere.. he's just not at SoH for the time being :cpu:

LATE edit after Brian's post.. it could but something as fundamental as requiring DX10 would have been met with mucho derision from the troops even before it's release let alone after. Still.. he'd not have taken anyones cash first.. similar in many ways to Virtavia's decision to release that American carrier aircraft for FSX Steam only. Virtavia didn't die because of it.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

FlyTexas wrote:The sad thing is all of this mess could've easily been avoided by AH simply adding DX10 to the model's list of technical requirements. :(

Brian
AH took a risk. They made a business decision to produce the Helldiver the way they did on the belief that the majority of users were DX10. I'd be curious to see how they reached that conclusion. Where is the data? Did they conduct a survey of end users? I understand the rationale behind their decision, but disagree with it. I would think that the majority of users are novices struggling to get good frame rates in FSX.

The second problem is what you stated. There was no mention of adding DX10 when the product was released. Those of us who like DX9 were led to believe we bought the whole product only to find out later that if we wanted the full effects we had to run DX10. Been there, done that. I wasn't about to stop flying it or request a refund, but I sure wasn't going to go the DX10 route either.

Again, these are my opinions and do not necessarily represent those of management. Besides this is a British forum, so I think I'm safe. :hide:

--WH

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohh.. you're safe WH :thumbsup:

It was as you say, a poor judgement call. ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Definitely safer here than over at SOH. :lol: Things are beginning to get ugly over there. One member directed this post at Baz "oh dear, what's this? Baz, you're letting the good guys suffer over the actions of a few that don't understand how things work, that can't be right surely?" To be honest that one really p*ssed me off. :S And now another member (who feels AH should have listed DX10 on the technical requirements) claims that two of his posts have been deleted. :(

Brian

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

where's the popcorn emoji when you want one :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. I've already read that comment and was equally pi$$ed off by it. I do believe that it is I and a couple of other members who have forced Baz into this self-imposed exile. Can you imagine the shame I feel?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's getting beyond a joke and I shall ignore that thread from now on 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I had not noticed the glass text till now but yes, it was not really visible at all with v1.0, I just installed 1.1 and now they are more visible, but just barely as they should be. I was just flying around in the Milviz Stuka and the glass there is a bit too much. I certainly would never ask for a refund because I can't see the glass, there are plenty of times I would throw a nice freeware AC into the bit bucket because the glass inside the VC was too opaque, (ALPHA BLEU CIEL bearcat an example).

I am using P3d on Windows 10 so I have DX12 installed.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.