Being a lefty...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

I turn my back for one day and up pops a left handed support group! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I have a left hand, but that's about it. It's mainly an assistant to my right.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

Left handed bowler and darts player

Right handed cricket batsman

Left footed footballer (The right one is for standing on)

Left handed beer holder for watching the mighty england win
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Right at everything, except kicking a rugby ball or football, for which I'm very left footed...
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Nick
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nick »

Another leftie 'ere, everything done with the left apart from the computer mouse and joystick.
DanKH wrote:Oh...one thing though. Our left hand is almost always smeared in ink or carbon due to the fact that we write with our left hand, and therefore smear our hand over the just-written letters....that was luckily solved with the invention of the keyboard......but why do the numbers have to sit on the right...
If there's one thing that pisses me off about being lefthanded, It's this.. There's nothing worse then filling in a important form, (job application, passport etc), and realise half way though you've smudged most of the bloody thing!! :curse:

Nick

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

I'm abidextrous I can write f*&k all with both hands!

No in all seriousness I'm a leftie through and through.

The only two things that bother me is ink smearing and cheque books.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Have you noticed that even in these modern days, the direction you have to pull your credit card through is right to left. So relieving us from the checkbooks and making us use credit-cards instead doesn't get us any better ;-)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Kevin
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kevin »

Nigel makes an interesting point about learning to fly. When I did my PPL many years ago, I was concerned that I would have to fly right-handed: I too am left-handed.

As I eventually found out, some light aeroplanes are flown right-handed (Chipmunk, Moth, etc), some left-handed (most US side-by-side types with a central throttle) and a few are almost ambidextrous (the Robin and several other French side-by-side types, which have two throttle quadrants).

The main thing I found, though, is that IT DOESN'T MATTER: once you can fly, it becomes natural to fly with either hand. A further moment's thought reveals that the problem's the same for right-handers, too.

About the only class of people seriously affected are those with so little coordination that they can't use their non-dextrous (sorry!) hand effectively. Through force of circumstance in a right-handed world, most left-handers have avoided being in that group.

My sympathies are extended to those right-handers who've missed out! :wink:

Kevin

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Reading Tonks remided me that you have to be "handed" in the A320 (and all
sidesticked aircraft) so you are checked out using both seats.

Leif

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Wahay! More Left Handed People...

I eventually gave up trying to find Left handed products, and just adapted to using right handed products, still write left handed, and for that matter fly left handed though.

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Hi Folks :smile:

After a long pause I've finally caught up... :lol:

There are degrees of 'left-handedness'..if you have to crank your left hand around and write by dragging your hand over what you've just written then you are 'acute' left-handed..personally I hold the pen straight with my hand below the line so I can see what I'm writing...which just confuses the matter... :think:

My Mum was born left-handed but was forced to write right-handed at school..which could explain why she was always totally confused... :lol:

ATB,

Derek :smile:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals